Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister in law is a Realtor in Navarre, and took these pics yesterday of mexicans hired out of Houston by BP to pick up dead birds, marine life, and the occaasional small tar ball. She asked one of them what they were doing and why they were there, and the individual threatened to call the cops on her for asking. The last pic is a white rough textured substance BP was spreading throughout the beach on areas that were getting orange. I am not making any claims, just passing along what was seen yesterday afternoon at Navarre Beach.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Rogmat, any chance of you pulling the pictures out of photobucket and dropping them straight in from the forum picture processor. I can't see them due to a filter my company uses for social networking sites.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Thank you Sir, much appreciated!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
The songbirds that keep washing up are trans-gulf migrants and not seabirds, they die from exhaustion when they leave the Yucatan and encounter a cold front/headwind (north wind or weather), the situation is called fallout...Im sure many people here have driven the occassional bird in that landed on their boat this time of year...Alot of what we have going on with all these "finds" is there are alot of people on the beach...Not trying to put down your pics or be rude, but my main concern out of all the pics is wtf are all those Texicans doing working here with so many people out of work because of this?

On my way to zekes yesterday morning there were 20 trucks and trailers with shallow draft boats on them, like crabber/mullet boats for example, all of them from Louisiana....they were parked at the perdido pass lot just off the bridge.

Monday at the meeting Capt. Wes stood up and asked the BP gang if this work would be handled by locals and was told "Yes it would be handled by locals" or something along those lines, so welcome to the smell of BS from BP.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You should not be surprised BP is getting cheap labor. BP's insurance will not pay top dollar for this incident just like you will only get blue book valve at best for your car if you total it.Realistically this whole incident will only cost BP higher insurance premiums! Think about it!!! Every business has insurance for instances just like this. Hold your hand out and wait for the big high five! It is no different than the hurricanes. Remember Ivan. The mexicans helped iknsurance companies clean it up and they also worked after Katrina. This is not the get rich opportunity alot of people are expecting. I hate all the people who are getting certified to deal with the worst case scenario. By the time they spend the money, the leak will be stopped and the oil response vessels will have control. That is life though. Live and learn!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I wonder if Henry Company Homes lost their helpers to this.... I am sure he only hires legal Mexicans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts