Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wen't out today around 6:30 in the morning to try the surf and the bite was good, caught a bluefish, some whiting, and a BIG skipjack. While I was castnetting bait, I was constantly catching baby pompano so I'm sure there are bigger keeper pompano out farther. The bite slowed so I went for a swim and a blacktip swam right under me so be careful if you decide to go for a swim. The water finally cleared up too after all that rain too.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I just bought all my snorkel gear so I could start spearing in the sand bar, how big was the black tip that you saw? That would be pretty cool to see.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
What was the reason for the purple flag this weekend ? It's usually jelly fish but just wondering if it was something else.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wen't out again yesterday from about 4 o'clock in the morning until 9 o'clock and caught loads of fish. I caught a limit of whiting, 2 bluefish, 8 pompano, tons of catfish, and a blacktip shark. The whiting, pompano, and cats on live sandfleas. The blues and shark were caught on 5" croakers caught in the castnet. I can tell you that the sharks are out in full force right now. I have caught 4 over the past week. If you get a big bait past the blues a shark will take it in no time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What was the reason for the purple flag this weekend ? It's usually jelly fish but just wondering if it was something else.

I went out in my kayak the other day and there were tons of jellies a little further out from shore. They were HUGE too. I think they are called moon jellies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts