Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down in June for vacation want to take kid fishing, who's the best inshore guide for the money, wheres a good cheap boat rental and where do i go to fishby boat or shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Anywhere aroung Big Sabine Point will provide good trout and redfish fishing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
june is a great time for fishing navarre! we go every year and stay for a week in some condos right across the street from the old fishing pier and the fishing is great on both sides. something i figured out in my few years of going down there the sound side is a awsome place for catching bull minnows at night!!! i say this with emphasis because when i say "awsome" i'm serious. with one good cast of a 6' cast net i can catch enough bull minnows mixed with pins and a few others to last all night! u will know what i mean if u decide to check it out..go to the bar that is right over the bridge and walk the beach towards the condominiums(at night btw) until u get to the first pier at the blue condos...u won't be able to stand in the water w/o getting your feet hit with some nice sized bulls. then you go to the sea-wall on the same side and fish the small bridge right beside the pilings(which ever side the current is moving towards) and cast out one of those minnows on a 1/0 J-hook with a 12" leader and a 1/2 ounce "bank singer" and let the current move your line and HOLD ON! i've caught some real nice AJ's at night and day from that very spot! reds and specks are also very prevalent in the area as well....and the surf on the other side;bottom fishing with pins or cigs works nicely as well.

good luck on your visit. sorry this post was so long hope it helped.pm me if you have anything more specific...also if you have room for one more on the beach..

-travis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys. I got a 12 year old cousin that can'y wait to get down there and go fishing the one thing I don"t want to do is disapoint that little guy.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Contact Capt. Wes Rozier @850-982-7858. He specializes in light tackle and topwater fishing. His rates are very reasonable and is great with kids !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts