Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, since the cams are still down at Pensacola beach I've noticed the Navarre cam is showing the water way higher up the beach than in the past. I'm talking like over the year and not just high tides. I'd say at least 50% of the surf is closer to the berm than in the past. Anyone else see a change? What about PB?

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,951 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dude for the links. Didn't have the Gulf Breeze one. The Navarre Zoom Cam is the one I'm talking about. The water is much closer to the berms than it used to been the past.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,951 Posts
Np, I had a 19 skiff, so I had to SEE what it was doing vs channel 3 never right news network. lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
? - sound local. I'm not. When the cam moves too "straight" you could always see the sand in the past. Now you can't. And looking down the beach, same thing. Just asking if this normal?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
It's due to beach erosion from the storm(s). Don't worry, the island authority will be along directly to pump some sand back up there to restore it to it's "natural" state (ie: about 100 feet off the property lines for all the beach houses and condos.) 'course even though your taxes will pay for it and despite the fact that you can't afford to own a house right on the beach, don't go getting no ideas about going out there and setting up a chair and umbrella on "their" sand.:sneaky:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yep Sally ate some beach and cut new passes....and it was a weak storm compared to the rest,BUT it only moved 2mph soaking rain and eating beach.....whole nother beach now.....

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Definitely need to call all state representatives if they start pumping sand back to "private property"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,951 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the explanation. Erosion didn't even come to mind.

Dude, I've emailed visitpensacola about those cams. All others are up on the coast but those aren't. They say they have no control over the cams. But I say they are representing PB! Surely there are better option. Skylinewebcams is where PB belong. Microseven cams are awful, always down, short vids, blurry ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts