Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had off today so I headed over to navarre to take the kayak out. I had about 3 dozen fiddler crabs and size 1 hooks on my calcutta 251 gl2 setup. Trying to catch a few sheepshead. I saw many many sheepshead and employeed every tactic I could to attempt to catch one. I got a few strikes but unfortunatly did not catch any. I bought a new 15lb bogagrip today and was determined to use it today oneway or another so I went back home to pensacola to fish around 3 mile at night.I thoughtthe tide was supposed to be high at around 7 o'clock, but when I got out there it was low. I usually do better on reds at night during high tide. Then it started raining. Dispite the poor conditions I still managed to catch a few specs. Better than nothing I guess. And at least I wiped the skunk off my new boga.

·
Registered
386 Posts
nice trout, dont feel bad about the sheepshead i cant get em to bite either, they get so close to you its hard not to gaff them

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
travis, sheeps are around in navarre. paticularly the big bridge. but until it gets a lot colder (probably january) they never seem to bite very well. if you bow fish, this is one of the best places i know to try. theyre still not super thick yet, but plenty around!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice Trout , did you try DB Flats? I know how to catch those Navarre bridge Sheepshead. Ya got to trick em. Ya need to use the Homemade formula ,known as the Sheep head Candy. It can only be used in the pilings. I make it in my back yard. Ive been using it for ten years and it really works. The sheeps at navarre bridge are usally smaller ,than the bridges near the passes. Brooks can be good too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sheep head candy: Grind up some fresh shrimp.Mix ground shrimp with cottonballs and peanut butter,garlic powder. Mold the mixture into the likeness of a fiddler crab,orRoll into 1/4 inch balls and chill in fridge overnite. go fishing the next day. Catch fish ALL Day long. Use a small stout hook. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts