Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the beach around one and had a hit in the first 5 minutes, lost it though. About an hour later the bulls showed up. Caught a 34" and 36". Ended up catching another at 29" and one keeper at 20". Didn't get a bite from 430 to dark besides one Hard Head.

Attachments

·
Provocateur
200 Posts
Nice reds! You guys were fishing a bit further east of us. We didn't hit anything yesterday afternoon. The wind was a bit much to deal with. We did score a 20.5" pompano on New Years day though. About to go hit the beach again now. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice reds! You guys were fishing a bit further east of us. We didn't hit anything yesterday afternoon. The wind was a bit much to deal with. We did score a 20.5" pompano on New Years day though. About to go hit the beach again now. Good luck guys!
That's a hell of a pomp! Ya the wind, current and surf were wicked. Had to mind the lines constantly to keep em out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Way to go, SimonJ...

Did you guys walk down from Navarre Beach Park? or from the DoD side?
Those Black Drum look like the perfect eating size. All the ones I caught that were larger usually had worms.
I looked at Navarre Beach on google maps and it looked like there were fairly regular spaced washouts about every 1200'.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Way to go, SimonJ...

Did you guys walk down from Navarre Beach Park? or from the DoD side?
Those Black Drum look like the perfect eating size. All the ones I caught that were larger usually had worms.
I looked at Navarre Beach on google maps and it looked like there were fairly regular spaced washouts about every 1200'.
We walk from the park. The Navarre Beach area to include the National Seashore is a surf fishing paradise as far as im concerned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts