Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a couple of hours today with my fiance'. The wind was pretty stiff out of the east but we had several good hits. The only thing we managed to catch was several catfish and one under slot red. It wasn't a bad afternoon though for two hours of fishing!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Excellent, you'll get the short-strikers next time.

Don't know if you were fishing bait or artificial, but I've found that suspending livies off the bottom with a cork will keep more of the meow-meows away. Also, artificial will give you better #'s of reds and specks, and less kitties.

Alex

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've noticed out there that if you can get into the 'darker' water (6 foot +)and keep your eyes peeled for baitfish... you'll run into some huge reds. I have had luck 1 out of 3 tries there. Nice quiet place to fish though. I had an osprey crash dive right next to met last time I went out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
<span id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl02_lblFullMessage">Excellent, you'll get the short-strikers next time.

Don'tknow if you were fishing bait or artificial, but I've found thatsuspending livies off the bottom with a cork will keep more of themeow-meows away. Also, artificial will give you better #'s of reds andspecks, and less kitties.

Alex +1

i've had great success out there from the yak and wading the flats...try suspending live LY's and shrimp..the fish have "moods"

good luck hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips folks! I used to wade out there a bunch and have only put the kayak in twice. Its a great place to go, with all the grass flats and everything. Hopefully I'll have a better report next time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts