Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
i suggest not buying the bait bucket, just build a bait tube. Its cheap and wont cause any where near as much drag on your yak. There are multiple people willing to help you with building it. Or if you search the site awhile back people put up pictures for a bait tube. Again i say dont buy the bucket for your yak:thumbsup:
+1000

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
what ive seen so far is get out there with a couple of rods and start figuring out what needs to happen and what you need to get it done, i want the boat to stay stationary at my favorite piling at 3mb so i get an anchor, stuff like that.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
chris did you use chain with the anchor or just rope.
I had six ft of 1/4" chain. It was kinds heavy given the designation, but I still slid even with that much in 45ft with 100ft of 3/8". Current was moving, but not ridiculous. There always the old 3-1 scope ratio but I'm certainly not taking 150ft with me

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy
i suggest not buying the bait bucket, just build a bait tube. Its cheap and wont cause any where near as much drag on your yak. There are multiple people willing to help you with building it. Or if you search the site awhile back people put up pictures for a bait tube. Again i say dont buy the bucket for your yak:thumbsup:

+1000
Thanks guys. Sure glad I found this site before getting down there ill prepared. Sure I won't be 100%, but way better from where I would have been for sure! :thumbup:

·
Tangle Master
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I took the demo Mariner out into the bay with 2 and 3 foot seas yesterday. I am calling bs on any rumor of the Propel being hindered by chop or rough water. The rudder did seem slow but other than that it performed flawless. This was my last test and I am certain it will work for me.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts