Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nathan,

Here is a thought for you and maybe some others.

Go check out... http://www.bladeforums.com ... when you get a chance sometime.

It is rather large knife forum and if I am not mistaken, the largest on the net.

As of this posting this was the 'stats' there. Threads: 594,743, Posts: 7,351,354, Members: 159,638, Active Members: 14,582

It is also Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
It is also set up in a very user friendly format.

I have been a "Paying Member" there for almost 10 years... when I first found it and joined.

The "owner" there is 'Spark'... his screen name. I'll not mention his real name here.. but he is a super guy.

I bet, IF you were interested; he would be happy to talk.

There are all kinds of things, as I am sure you already know; you can do with this forum.

Make it a "pay to play" forum.

Make it with different levels of membership and participation .... from free to whatever you wish.

You could make it where paying members of a certain level do not have to see any ads. That way any "ad haters" have complete choice of what they see.

IF you do go to Blade Forums, check out their membership structure.

I personally think you are doing an excellent job in what must be a very tough situation for all.

So Nathan, you have a bunch of options...... you ain't gonna please everyone, no matter what or who.

Just make the best decisions you can live with and let the chips fall where they fall......

Best regards.....

PS / These were just some thoughts of mine that might add a different perspective. YMMV ;)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
This forum will never be a "pay forum". Chris never made it that way and never wanted it that way. There wouldnt be a forum now if it was changed to a pay forum.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I wouldn't pay. I like things free, why I click on their ads from time to time so they make the piddly money. Why they own so many forums, it all adds up. Nice thing about the internet, you can own a business empire all linked together and run it from a 12 x 12 office.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
if the PFF goes to a pay forum then the activity will come to a screaching halt...i wont pay...i wont ever pay to be a member on any forum

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
if the PFF goes to a pay forum then the activity will come to a screaching halt...i wont pay...i wont ever pay to be a member on any forum
In order to pay you have to have an income meaning you would have to have some sort of job.Not calling you out just saying

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey ?mega, why don't you ask Nathan to fix your name. It just ain't the same. (can't find any smilies)
Kenny, here is the counsel I received:

You probably don't have your text editor set right. Go to Quick Links, then down that list to Edit Options. Once that is open then scroll to the bottom and change from basic text editing to WYSIWYG...that should give you the options you are looking for including smilies.:D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'd like to know how much this forum sold for. Perhaps I could purchase it and then block people. Not saying I'm rich, just saying it might be worth it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts