Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished off and on all week and today.. caught mostly small flounder. and when i say small i mean, they were so little that they couldnt get a jig in their mouths so i had to go to walmart and get some crappie jigs. Friday they were so thick that i would get 3 or 4 bites every cast. but i ran out of the crappie jigs so i would only catch one every few casts. they were just so little that most of them couldnt hold onto it. id have to give them like a min or so to hold it before they would have it far enough in their mouths to get the hook. today i fished for about 30 mins during the rain right before dark and managed to catch one keeper...13 inches. i gave it to a asian gentleman that was fishing next to me. also caught 2 black snapper and a almost 23inch grouper on wed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Last week I was at the wall there on NAS, near portside at lunch. Many smaller flounder were caught, some grouper though were in the mix. The red tide has caused a big mess on the beaches and rocks by the O' Club. Dead fish everywhere you look.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Sorry to hear about the small ones, but you got a chance to fish for a few days.

I do have a question tho....If you wanted keepers and the small (under size) ones couldn't hold on to your origional jig, why use a smaller jig to hook the undersize ones. I understand catching is fun, but why catch known small ones. Maybe something I don't see (just my thought), and I'm not bashing you by any means. Happens all the time I bass fish, although I catch and release them all.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was out there to fish and if it was only small ones that were biting then it was gonna be small ones that i was catchin.. never said i didnt have fun, just didnt catch too many keepers. id rather be fishin and catchin the small ones that are biting then fishing and not catchin anything at all. plus i figured i was using 6lb test and if i started getting cut off i would know that the larger ones were indeed there and then could switch back to a bigger bait plus leader

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i hope so.. should turn on in the next couple days. im gonna try to sneak away from work for a lil bit tomorrow and hopefully catch some doormats. ill keep yall posted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts