Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they gone? I know exactly where they are supposed to be. If so, why go to the expense to remove them. Were they a navigation hazard? Just wondering.
Shipoke

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nas pipes

STILL THERE...PLENTY OF GOOD MANGROVE SNAPPER ON IT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING....BEFORE TEN AM WITH A MOVING TIDE....ENJOY :thumbup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike
Sunday, I went east and west 3 or 4 times, going futher out each time and never ran over them with my Garmin 440S chart plotter. I dove and fished those pipes for 25 years and have a pretty good idea where they should be. The Garmin even shows about where they are. I couldnt imagine pulling them out. I'll give it another try.
Thanks for the response
Shipoke

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
Thanks Mike
Sunday, I went east and west 3 or 4 times, going futher out each time and never ran over them with my Garmin 440S chart plotter. I dove and fished those pipes for 25 years and have a pretty good idea where they should be. The Garmin even shows about where they are. I couldnt imagine pulling them out. I'll give it another try.
Thanks for the response
Shipoke
Same here. Is it legal to fish the pipes now? I thought you couldn't get that close anymore. My son would love to fish there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pipes

You have to get in 17 feet of water or less, they are closer to the beach than you mite think.... There are some markers you have to stay outside of though.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You have to get in 17 feet of water or less, they are closer to the beach than you mite think.... There are some markers you have to stay outside of though.
^^^^^^^^ YEP^^^^^^^^
I can still picture mickey D's there. Ther is also like a pipe coming out of the wall that is a good starting point for me. I like to get right in on the marker so other guys arent on both sides of me. When the flounder run picks up that place gets mighty packed like the pass.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pipe

^^^^^^^^ yep^^^^^^^^
i can still picture mickey d's there. Ther is also like a pipe coming out of the wall that is a good starting point for me. I like to get right in on the marker so other guys arent on both sides of me. When the flounder run picks up that place gets mighty packed like the pass.
you took the words out of my mouth!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Here is some side imaging shots of them.
Took me a while to find them I didn't live here long enough to remember McDonald's because that's what every one used as a land mark I guess back then.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Here is some side imaging shots of them.
Took me a while to find them I didn't live here long enough to remember McDonald's because that's what every one used as a land mark I guess back then.

Damn Brandon,
That is some fine imaging!!
I have fished the "pipes" for years and was told by an old timer they were related to the powerhouse on the base. They were at one time so easy to find, I never bothered marking them on GPS.
It was the McDonalds and the big drain pipe sticking out of the sea wall as far as a landmark to find them.
I have been run off a few times by the Navy patrol boat, the one with the big ass gun on the bow, when they were doing water rescue drops with a Chopper. Was always treated with courtesy, and provided with a time the area was open to the public after the operations were completed.
The pipes did hold some fine Flounder, Sheepies and Black Snaps certain times of the year.
I wounder if the old dredge pipes are still close to Ft. Mcree East of the Jetties and just South of the day board marker to the North. You use to could see them when the water was clear. It was about 12 foot deep and Sheep head Heaven!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts