Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
baby_doc
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last night back behind NAS started with a 1/4 DOA nothing doing, switched over to live shrip on the bottom, caught two monster lady fish back to back, 15 minutes later got hammered by a small black tip, running low on shrimp and day light i decide one more cast turns out to be the fish i wanted a gorgeous 23in redfish released to catch another day. nothing to brag about but as always a good time. oh and it seems the pinfish are not as think yesterday as they have been the past few weeks.

·
Kitchen Wench @ A&W
84 Posts
where on NAS were you fishing? lady fish are not good eating but they sure are fun to catch because they like to jump so much. my daughter enjoys catching them. i can't wait til i hook a shark i think that would be awesome!

·
baby_doc
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the spot is just past sherman cove you turn right on to the old access rd, i was fishing the canal right there. just walk down to the water and turn right and walk like a hundred or so yards and fish the deep part of the canal there. the types of fish you will catch there are endless

·
Registered
196 Posts
+1 I have fished there often and have caught many things there. If you want to catch sharks on base I heard that the beach behind the camp ground is a good spot. I actually caught my first Redfish where lundy is talking about when I got down here about a year ago.:thumbup:

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
i was at that same spot on friday during middle of the day and i was tearing up the small reds and ladyfish

·
baby_doc
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like to walk down just a little ways to get to the deeper/fast part of the channel there.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If you go west of Sherman cove to the nature trail and hit the water there. That is some of the best topwater trout action around. Wade from the fence west to the point.

·
baby_doc
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you go west of Sherman cove to the nature trail and hit the water there. That is some of the best topwater trout action around. Wade from the fence west to the point.
thats good to know i havent been down there yet, thanks for the tip:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts