Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Cornflake were informed that the Base pier witch is ever so famous it opening back up on Saturday at 6 a.m. Me and Cornflake will be out there at about 5:30 waiting for the gates to open. Knowing the pier is going to be open brings back so many great memories of the very tightly knit community out there and all the huge fish that we have caught between Me, Cornflake, Brandon, Doc, Derick, Rodah, Phill, and of course Brian. Great group of friends out there. Cant wait to get back out there and on some Snapper, Grouper, and Reds. I think I will be polishing and relining all my rods this week in anticipation of Saturday. Im going to have to check all my knots twice. Cant wait to get back out there.

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pier is located near Port Ops if you know where that is. Or if you are familiar with where the big Coast Guard ships dock when they come in that is where it is. And no. You do not have to have an ID to get onto the pier, but u must have an ID to get onto the base. Unless you have some way to get around it then I dont know how you would get on.

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. If you want to follow the rules you do. I know alot of people who have their ways of getting around the system though and getting through without a military ID. But as long as you can get on the base, no matter whatever way you have you can fish the pier.

· Registered
137 Posts
It might be a worthwhile suggestion to the people at the pier gate to check all ID's.......just to make sure that you are eligible to fish the pier.........

· Registered
25 Posts
im lookn to come out there sat just wondering what kind of rigs and and bait i need to pick up for those monster fish been to the little sea wall ther a few times and havnt had ne luck hopen to do better in this spot.

· Indiana Jones
865 Posts
The end of the grey pier is gonna be locked down with regulars (us crazy folks that get up at 4:30 to go out there) so your chances of getting grouper and snapper are gonna be slim. Your best bet is to go for some bull reds, use some pieces of cut mullet. Just about everybody out there is gonna be fishing white trout along the long stretch of the pier, but the bull reds can be caught anywhere along that stretch of the pier as well.

· Indiana Jones
865 Posts
There is plenty of room to bring your family, just not really at the end of the grey pier. If you fish the end of the grey pier you must have super heavy tackle anyways, 65lb powerpro on a Penn Senator, with a 4 ounce weight, and 100lb test fluorocarbon leader is a good start. You can still catch large fish though along the whole stretch of the main pier, the bull reds are everywhere out there along with the white trout, flounder, whiting, croaker, sheepshead,and spadefish. Meet me at the gate at 5:45 and i'll show you everything you need, if you cant make it out at that time look for me at the end of the grey pier (the one covered in bird dukee) Im the guy in the Indianna Jones hat

· Registered
946 Posts
Also FYI,NASP Recreational Committeeis sponsoring a fishing tournament onCharlie pier Saturday, March 13th, 0600 - 1800.

$10.00 entry fee, longest fish wins gift certificate to Outcast (sorry flyer didn't say how much, probably % of entries)

Point of Contact

Elizabeth Gay<SPAN lang=EN>

452-3100 Ext 1121

· Banned
2,221 Posts
Cornflake789 (3/11/2010)There is plenty of room to bring your family, just not really at the end of the grey pier. If you fish the end of the grey pier you must have super heavy tackle anyways, 65lb powerpro on a Penn Senator, with a 4 ounce weight, and 100lb test fluorocarbon leader is a good start. You can still catch large fish though along the whole stretch of the main pier, the bull reds are everywhere out there along with the white trout, flounder, whiting, croaker, sheepshead,and spadefish. Meet me at the gate at 5:45 and i'll show you everything you need, if you cant make it out at that time look for me at the end of the grey pier (the one covered in bird dukee) Im the guy in the Indianna Jones hat
Heavy tackle is a must, and if you can't spot robert for some reason, just look for the fat guy catching fish (me)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.