Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of guys here use compounds more than crossbows.Due to a really bad shoulder i had to switch to crossbow.I have the Excaliber recurve and was shooting the Firebolts with the Bolt cutter broadheads.They look alot like a slick trick magnum.They shot extremely accurate but i hit a doe the other day and the blood trail wasnt that great.Shot was a little higher than i prefered but it still did the job.I purchased the NAP FOC after doing alot of internet research havnt heard anything bad about em just everyone that has used em loves em.they are 170 gr crossbow mechanicals.I tested accuracy and they shoot rediculous accurate at 30 yards.Didnt go out to 40 since i dont really shoot anything past 30 anyway.
Has anyone on here tried them or heard anything about them?Gonna see if i can sink one in a deer this weekend since doe days are coming to a close without tags.

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
I just don't like a two blade nothing. You could hit within 1/4" of the heart and never touch it. I think if you got three fletchings you need three blades.

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
Yeah but with 3 inches of cut who needs a heart shot.I see what your saying though.
If you hit one in the lungs with that thing it's gonna be like sticking a knife in a tractor tire! Sorry about your shoulder. Mines started popping when I draw but no pain - yet!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have been shooting two blades for years with no complaints.This year switched to the NAP killzones and shot a buck and two does in ohio. awesome blood trail and all recovered with in forty-fifty yards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts