Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Settled in stand with my son. Hopefully today's the day he gets number one! Chilly but not bad. Just took my gloves off. Game on. Lots off deer moving through here both does and bucks as of
yesterday. Day and night.

Good luck all!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a doe come out from behind a tree at 65 yards. Watching for a few seconds and a second one comes out. Then out of the far tree line out comes a third and fourth. As they are walking closer a 4 point walks out behind them. They walk in closer to us. 2 got in to 35 yards. Then the walk off to our right into the food plot on our right. They. Walk behind a tree mass and single file walk by us at 34 yards. I told my son to wAit for the buck. He was the last in the line. H finally comes to the 34 yard mark and Dillon is already pulled back and waiting for him. Only problem is he is trying to shoot through an opening in a tree branch but he has a small window. He lets the arrow rip and the 4 point hops up and takes off. My son is shaking pretty good because this is the first deer he has ever shot at. We waited awhile and climbed down to look for the arrow and hopefully blood. We finally find the arrow and unfortunately no blood. But his face is beaming with excitement. He hated to miss but he knows more chances will come. He walked up to the camp to get a PB&J and to "walk off the shakes" :). If he wasn't already hooked he certainly is now. We have the same 4 point on camera at this spot at about 9am every morning. He was right on time :) he will be back. We will be setting most of the day so hopefully he will be posing with a deer on the ground soon!

·
Registered
428 Posts
That is the best feeling for the both of you.even better when he drops him this evening. Good luck and looking forward to the evening report

1 - 6 of 6 Posts