Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abraham and I wet the boat at 9:00 am this morning. The mist was thick as I've ever seen it. So thick, we weren't really watchin the compass to close so as to watch where we were going. We couldn't see 200 ft. in any direction. As we cruised along, assuming we were running parallel with the bridge, the visibility got worse. In some spots 50 ft. of visibility was pushing it. And then, the remnants of boat wakesappear out of the mist. so sight became more important. It finally opened up a little and we thought we were fairly close to the shorelinesouth of hwy 98.And close to the bridge.But the water was so low. After having to exit the boat 4 times to drag us off the sand and watching another boat doing the same and passing about an hour and a half. We realized that we couldn't be we was thinking we were. And we were right. Some how in the mist we headed way west. Way west of the bridge. probably a mile or so. We regrouped, found the bridge and got out of what seemed like thick clouds on the water.We tryed to hook a Sheephead at the bridge with no results.Fished some dock pylons and even went to old wooden peir just at Eglin property 20 ft. of water and fish on the finder but know bites on live shrimp. After being asked by Eglin Air Force to leave the area around the old wooden peir so they could do operations we decided to go hit a few more docks. While in route we stumble on what looke like a 50 ft. area dotted with some structure or reefs possibly placed there. and the finder was covered with fish at 9 to 12 ft. in 16 ft. of water.Threw the marker on it and dropped anchore.I hooked one but he let go. Quickly re-baited and back in. Finally at 2:00. we're on. Here's the results of another great day on the water. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Never seen reds that big in the sound in Navarre. They must have been lost. Great job in locating and catching them! I was wandering around in the bay yesterday in the fog. I know what you mean. It was thick.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Don't need to go to Spain for Bulls....theyre hereinNavarre....

Charly did a great job on light tackle by the way...1000 stradic 8 lb red braided line on a 4-8lb rod.....wow what a rush...just imagine that monster pulling on that little thing..."dont brake 'm Charly.....eeeeeeeeaaaaaasy"....oh yeah zzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....we chased it with the trolling motor for a few rounds, noticeditwouldn't leave the area instead he was fighting down to its hole..."it's under the boat....watch the blade......zzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...oh &#%$ back up! back up....zzzzzzz!!!!! zzzzz!!!! the beast woudn't give up (the fish , not Charly) ....it was easy a good 15 mnts I'd say...maybe more...great fight. Congrats Charls that was one heck of a fish and fight.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice Going guys! I went to the pass that day in the fog, and didn't get zip. Yesterday I went by3 mile Bridge and BROUGHT HOME GROCERIES with this 27".

Teri was pleased and said "why go to the pass?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts