Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so today I realized I had married my soulmate indeed.
We hit pcola pass at about 11 am and it was sporty.
I say "Want to go bar hop or do you want to fish?"
She says .....
"Let's fish.." I love that woman.

Tooled out to the only super secret numbers I have in Florida waters. Blackwater bridge rubble.

Took two tries but got on anchor and .... wham!! Snappa! First one is just legal at 17 but is tagged? In the box and fish more. The wave height is 2 to 4 as promised but we are on the hook so fish away. Live pinfish are getting hammered by short triggers.

Then another snapper at 18". And we get some company. They immediately hook up with nice snappa, using dead bait looks like mackeral. Get rocked a coupla of times then the wife hooks up with a big bite. Turned out to be a big black snapper. Bonus fish!

Got our RS limit and headed in to nice seas. Thanks Florida for extending the season.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations to your bride...

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just emailed the tag number to the FWC folks. The website says I get a t-shirt. With my luck will prolly get a ticket for something. Oh well, doing my part.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just emailed the tag number to the FWC folks. The website says I get a t-shirt. With my luck will prolly get a ticket for something. Oh well, doing my part.
nope you'll get a t-shirt, it might take a while to come in but you'll get one. I've got 5 or so

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
That is a stud Black Snapper! I enjoy a post with a good write up and pics. It's even better to see the fish with nice color on them showing that they were Iced down properly. I know you and your wife will enjoy eating those nice firm fillets. Nothing worse than filleting mushy fish that weren't iced down properly, except eating them of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts