Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hunting in the Hutton unit for my last day and he was hunting in a spot outside the Hutton unit where we have killed bucks before. I get a text and a call from him about 8:00am and he said he just shot at a big buck. I guess he climbed down to check for blood and couldn't find any cause he called me back and said he missed clean. I told him I'd come help him and to sit tight for a little while. So, I finally get over there and he's got another buck down, a big cow horn (he can post pics later). I tells me he hit a tree when he shot at the big buck. I walk over there with him and sure enough he killed by three pine trees dead with one shot.... Gave the buck a hair cut too. We looked for blood and nothing at all. No blood on the trees, no blood on the bullet, nothing.

With out further delay here's the single shot, triple kill.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Entrance and exit wound tree #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He only winged tree #2 but I don't think its gonna make it. He really blew out its shoulder.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I will just summarize this. Biggest buck of my life walks out+ plus heart beat+ trying to.thread the needle = a miss and three trees dieing in the process. On a positive note this cowhorn came out with his nose up a does butt. I harvested him to finish filling my freezer but when I cleaned him I looked at the teeth and the were worn, his body didn't look.like a 1 1/2 year old and his meat was a dark red vs a young deer lighter color meat. So maybe 2-3 I dont know though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I was using my .270. I begged my dad not to.post this but I knew he would lol I can't get to upset though about the big buck. The good Lord has blessed me with four deer in the last week.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And tree #3. Notice the cruel sumbich left the bullet lodged in this ones heart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was using my .270. I begged my dad not to.post this but I knew he would lol I can't get to upset though about the big buck. The good Lord has blessed me with four deer in the last week.
Like I'm not going to post this. Too damn funny. You kill three trees and give the buck a hair cut all with a single bullet from 50 yards away. Lee Harvey Oswald ain't got nothing on you.

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
Hey, we know where you learned it.......

Nice buck never-the-less!!! Congrats on the harvest.....

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I harvested him to finish filling my freezer but when I cleaned him I looked at the teeth and the were worn, his body didn't look.like a 1 1/2 year old and his meat was a dark red vs a young deer lighter color meat. So maybe 2-3 I dont know though.
I killed a big cowhorn spike like that once. Big thick neck, and a grey face. He weighed 210 dressed. Big ol dude! Moved slow too. Like he was OLD!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did the same thing in Colorado one year elk hunting. Big Ol Bull comes walking down the trail, I pull up and and he wheels to run away so I shoot. Centered a big Aspen tree, but I did kill a 6x6 the next day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts