Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a very surprising and unexpected birthday present from the family! Release sg, gunmetal/blue with the bantam ball handle. This is going to be my new number one yak reel, I just need to find a rod to pair it with, I was thinking a shimano trevale, any input? KINGS, COBIA, TUNA, SNAPPER, AND SAILFISH BEWARE!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have mine on the travela. I hope the reel works for you I bought mine last year for snapper season. Needless to say didn't work straight out of the box (no drag) had to send back to get repaired. I didn't get it back until the season was over. Looking forward to getting some use out of it this year.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have mine on the travela. I hope the reel works for you I bought mine last year for snapper season. Needless to say didn't work straight out of the box (no drag) had to send back to get repaired. I didn't get it back until the season was over. Looking forward to getting some use out of it this year.
I have heard of the first gen reels having some issues but with the lifetime warranty and $12 service fee I'm not too worried about it for now.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to the outcast sale that is coming up! i have gotten a Great deal on some terez rods there!
Man you can't be telling me things like that! I'm going to walk in there looking for a terez and end up with 3 new setups and no money! Haha

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Man, those things are sick.
Take a look at Tsunami's jigging rods. I love them, and just found out that they make Outcast's jigging rods so you can probably get one for a great price at the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts