Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we made our yearly trip up to Fort Gaines to film for our TV show, we had some pretty good hunts last year and got a lot of deer on film but this year it seems to keep getting better and better. We caught a break and had some GREAT weather the beginning of last week and with the rut wide open up there, we had an awesome three days...I killed this 10 point the last morning of our hunt after seeing countless rack bucks just walk across the powerline I was hunting without giving us a chance to get them on film for a shot. We finally had some great luck the last morning and the deer started hanging out in the powerline instead of just walking across...I got him on film for the better part of 5 minutes and several other rack bucks while he was out in the powerline...

10 Point - 235 #'s - 20" spread

·
Registered
340 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">You should be of shamed of shooting that little deer. Great buck I would of piss on my self if he walked under me

·
Registered
99 Posts
What a deer!!:clap im assuming that u didnt kill that on the public huntin on ft. gaines and if you didnt was it private, pay hunt or what? regardless unreal deer!

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Geeezum Tim you werent kidding me that is a fine un!!!!:bowdown:clap Talk atcha later brother....:letsparty

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Nice buck. I hunt Quitman and Clay County, GAtoo - in fact, our Hunting Camp is on Fort Gaines Rd in Georgetown. Don't see too many like that on our lease though. Congrats.

I'll probably be selling my 32' trailer which is in Georgetown after this season, if you are interested or know somebody, please let me know. It's an older trailer (1972), but makes a great hunt camp.

Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas...We had a blast, maybe some of you guys can join us next year on our hunt... I did have him scored by Michael Cole, I believe he was just shy of 142"...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Wow, that thing is beautiful. I cant wait to get back into the woods. ML opens back up tomorrow and they are forecasting a little snow. Perfect hunting weather.:bowdown

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hummmmmmm, yep yep I think he is a shooter! whata fine buck. We use to hunt in Ft. Gaines, GA, but never saw anything like that

wes

·
Registered
511 Posts
:bowdown Ver nice!!! The first picture looks like you dropped him on a golf course. 5 minutes of that one will make for some great TV footage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts