Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOD: Please lock the old thread. After weeks of waiting, and 3 pages of "hurry up", Im sure it's quite stale. Not trying to spam, please lock the old thread so I can start fresh.

UPDATE: JUST FILED WITH US PATENT OFFICE: I can now LEGALLY claim "Patent Pending". Sorry to keep you waiting guys. The waiting is over. I hope you like it.

INTRODUCING THE FISHING MULE

What does a mule do? A mule carries your stuff where you want to go. The fishing mule, carries your stuff, where you want to go.

Here is a video of the fishing mule in action

Will post still pictures later... enough waiting

Please remember this is a prototype that has been torn apart, changed, put back together, several times. I would not sell this one. It has been grinded on, welded on, beat on, disassembled, reassembled, etc. Some of things will look slightly different when the final product is put together.

You can use this for surf fishing, wade fishing, flounder gigging, crabbing, tow it behind your canoe or kayak for extra space, throw shells and sand fleas in it and let the sand sift out and leave the shells and sand fleas behind. You can take it on the river tubing and put your beer cooler in it. It's got mounting rails and brackets for adding things. You could have a honda generator in this thing and mount lights to it while you wade gig. You can wade fish and take all your stuff out on the water. Put it out there and throw the anchor, set a few rods, crack a beer open. Put four rods in it, grab on the back rail, and swim out to the second sand bar. Deploy all four rods, swim back. Or just throw your anchor and fish four rods right on the sand bar... Cast your mullet net, scoop up a bunch of them empty them right in your cooler in tow. Guys I think of new ideas for this thing all the time. I'm sure there is plenty more I have not thought of.

Enough for now, I am going to hit the publish button so you can all get off my ass :):moon

By the way, this is only one of three versions I am going to manufacture

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to figure it out. Don't ask too much of me now lol... It's all I could do to get the paperwork done, videos made, pictures taken, prototype made and tested. I have an idea, but don't want to really throw out an unrealistic number if I'm wrong. I need to get a "quantity" price from the guy who rolls my sheet metal, as that is something I am not equipped to do. I figure if people will pay $200 for a crappy beach cart, this will be at least that expensive. That's all I really should say at this point. I'm still working on wheels for those who want them. It's really ideal for two people to just load it up, and carry it via the built in handles on front and back. Of course one person will either have to make more than one trip, or use wheels.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
VERY NICE!!!

A couple suggestions... 1. Design a wheeled caddy to get it to the beach (I'd make sure it fits through the walkovers on Johnson Beach). It's be nice to load it at the car and wheel it down instead of making 2 to 3 trips.

2. Add more attachment points for lines, tools, etc. If you think 4 is enough, make it 6.

But very impressive!!!: :clap:clapbowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Jim

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jim t (2/26/2010)VERY NICE!!!

A couple suggestions... 1. Design a wheeled caddy to get it to the beach (I'd make sure it fits through the walkovers on Johnson Beach). It's be nice to load it at the car and wheel it down instead of making 2 to 3 trips.

2. Add more attachment points for lines, tools, etc. If you think 4 is enough, make it 6.

But very impressive!!!: :clap:clapbowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Jim

All things I am taking into consideration. The wheels are already in the works. I am not happy with what is available for kayaks and such, so I am designing my own.

More attachments is super easy to do! Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
well fellas what we have here is a real live actual freakkin genius. Nice idea i'll bet it's gonna work out real good fer ya. Next week are we gonna see you on that show The Shark Tank? :clap

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You Sir are......

Remember your PFF friends when your are having swareas (parties) in your Portifino Penthouse!!! :letsdrink

Now you need to make one that'll tow at 30Knts!!!! :clap

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Hey Chris,, fabulous idea,,, shit i didnt know you had it in you,,, lol.. I would bevel the rear toons like the front, since you are anchoring from the stern,,, less splash cause when the waves kick up, that is the direction it will hit the mule,,,,,

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sequoiha (2/26/2010)Hey Chris,, fabulous idea,,, shit i didnt know you had it in you,,, lol.. I would bevel the rear toons like the front, since you are anchoring from the stern,,, less splash cause when the waves kick up, that is the direction it will hit the mule,,,,,

If that becomes a problem, I might add some deflectors.

Angling both ends would ruin my wheel mounting bracket idea for the back... coming soon. Also would increase complexity and decrease bouyancy.

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
First of all , neat idea !

Now , forgive my ignorance but why did you feel the need to get the patent ? I too have been pondering of a more efficient way to more gear to surf/wade fish also .

Again, that is a neat idea ! Good luck .

·
Registered
710 Posts
that is pretty damn cool, you should have options for it like a seat from sponson to sponson you could sit on like a float tube.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Baitcaster (2/26/2010)First of all , neat idea !

Now , forgive my ignorance but why did you feel the need to get the patent ? I too have been pondering of a more efficient way to more gear to surf/wade fish also .

Again, that is a neat idea ! Good luck .

Because I put a lot of hard work into it, hundreds of hours of planning, tweaking, building, researching.. etc I've put over 80 hours into it in the last week

I plan on selling it, and I don't want someone ripping me off :) An original idea, if its a good one, is valuable and should be protected.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts