Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, sorry if this is the wrong place. Mods please move it if need be.

So, last tuesday my house in East Hill was broken into, they busted out my kitchen window and walked out my front door with over $8,500 worth of stuff- and my renter's insurance isn't covering any of it.

These guys were bold, they literally picked up my whole entertainment center and walked out the front door with it.

I'm just looking for any tips possible, i know the forum is a large member base so i'm hoping someone has heard or seen someone selling some of my stuff.

List of Items stolen:

42" Phillips TV

25" Insignia TV

Black HD Flip Camera

13.3" White Macbook (Has yellow tag on bottom)

15.4" MacBook Pro (Has yellow tag on bottom, has minor dent in bottom left of screen)

Canon 40D w/ UV Lens

White Xbox 360

Nintendo Wii

iPod Touch w/ hard plastic case

Sony BluRay Player

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you guys.

-Michael

·
Registered
956 Posts
Damn that sucks bad . A guy I work with had his broken into a few weeks ago and stole all his wifes jewelry. Hope they catch these sorry sacks of sh**.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I'm curious: You said your renter's insurance didn't cover you? WTF???

The cashed your premium checks right?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, @hjmorgan I rent from a family member, and they said that the insurance wasn't covering it, i don't know much details as my mom has dealt with most of the situation cause we're renting from her sister. I'm confused on the whole thing....

Just sucks, thanks everyone for keeping their eyes open!

·
Super Moderator
27,942 Posts
hjorgan (3/1/2010)I'm curious: You said your renter's insurance didn't cover you? WTF???

The cashed your premium checks right?
X2.... Don't know why they wouldn't. I would call and raise cane w/ em and if they still say no---find another insurance company!!!

I hope you had serial #'s on items but ifin like most probably didn't. Make sure like already said, check the Shopper/Thrifty Nickel/Craigslist/and Pawn Shops. Also ask the detective in charge of your case if there were any other homes in the area broke into, and I would guess you are not an isolated case. Good luck on getting your stuff back...

·
Registered
137 Posts
This seems to be happening alot lately. Please give us some more info about what happened and how it happened. You never know-it doesn't sound like this is their first time nor their last time robing someone--if someone catches them then you might get a lead on who it was and possible recover your stuff. I will definitely keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Silver (3/1/2010)First off, sorry if this is the wrong place. Mods please move it if need be.

So, last tuesday my house in East Hill was broken into, they busted out my kitchen window and walked out my front door with over $8,500 worth of stuff- and my renter's insurance isn't covering any of it.
These guys were bold, they literally picked up my whole entertainment center and walked out the front door with it.
I'm just looking for any tips possible, i know the forum is a large member base so i'm hoping someone has heard or seen someone selling some of my stuff.
List of Items stolen:
42" Phillips TV
25" Insignia TV
Black HD Flip Camera
15.4" MacBook Pro (Has yellow tag on bottom, has minor dent in bottom left of screen)
Canon 40D w/ UV Lens
White Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Sony BluRay Player

-Michael
Why are you sayin this? Who is your insurance carrier? Have they issued you a denial letter??

I'm ageneral adjuster and may be able to help.

George

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
chasin-tail (3/1/2010)
Silver (3/1/2010)First off, sorry if this is the wrong place. Mods please move it if need be.

List of Items stolen:
42" Phillips TV
25" Insignia TV
Black HD Flip Camera
Canon 40D w/ UV Lens
White Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Sony BluRay Player

-Michael
Why are you sayin this? Who is your insurance carrier? Have they issued you a denial letter??

I'm ageneral adjuster and may be able to help.

George
I'm inclined to agree that your renter's insurance is on the hook no matter what as they took your money; therefore, you should have a viable contract. I certainly wouldn't stop at the first person to tell you 'No'. Check with the FL insurance commisioner... http://www.floir.com/contactus.aspx If nothing else, maybe you can get your premiums back...

·
Registered
518 Posts
You need to POST the insurer for all of us to stay away from. I have rentals in Santa Rosa Co. Ill make sure its not a listed insurer for them.

PS... Eviction in SRC, one person... $406.00

So when someone hits you for a month and the procedure of eviction takes place, thats 2 months, plus the eviction fee, clean up the losers crap and all the tidy up stuff.... You want to know why landlords are JERKS! We have no rights. The thugs rule! I could spend months in court over recapturing fees, is it worth it!

Dude I would sue them!

LOL HAAAAAAAA

Sorry to hear, check pawn shops, save your serial numbers always and take pictures of your property often. They have to submit a thumb print to pawn stuff plus ID. Its a good start, problem is you will have to pay the pawn ticket to get YOUR STOLEN stuff! BTDT~!

Steve

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
thats one heck of a list of electronics.

maybe someone who has been in your house before?

if you replace all that stuff, even though you are a renter i would put in a motion detector with a monitor service, its less than you think.

sorry this happened to you. i know how it feels and it sucks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Unfortunatley, we are getting slammed in the East Hill/Scenic Heights area lately. We have stepped up patrols and surveillance but being as short of manpower as we are, we're spread pretty thin. One of the best things you can do to help us is to report suspicious people/vehicles in your area. You can remain anonymous and I can't tell you how many times we have been able to get out with a person because someone called them in and we were able to tie them to crimes later. I've caught car burglars with property still in their pockets because neighbors thought they were acting suspicious. I work your area and I gotta tell you, that's one of the reasons I like it so much. Most of the people that live there have been in that area for a long time and know their neighbors as well as who is out of place in the neighborhood. When I get suspicious person calls from concerned citizens, they are not right 100% of the time but they are on the mark more often than not.

·
Registered
146 Posts
After pursueing the legal road to get your Insurance to pay, I would be asking for a refund, with interest, if they don't pay for the loss.

·
Praedator
9,919 Posts
Silver (3/1/2010)Thanks everyone, @hjmorgan I rent from a family member, and they said that the insurance wasn't covering it, i don't know much details as my mom has dealt with most of the situation cause we're renting from her sister. I'm confused on the whole thing....
Just sucks, thanks everyone for keeping their eyes open!
So do you have renter's insurance or not? From what you say here it sounds like you are trying to use your family's home owner's insurance. If that is the case, then no they are not going to cover it.

If you were paying for a renter's insurance policy on your own, they would and should cover it. In your first post you stated that the renter's insurance would not cover it. But in this quote it does not sound like you had renter's insurance.

It sucks either way. Hopefully, they can find the scumbags and get some of your stuff back. That's a big list of big ticket items.:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Sorry to hear about this. There?s way too much of this going on lately. I?d love to catch these assholes. I?ll keep me eyes and ears open for you. Please post the details of the insurance problem i.e. was it your policy and if they?re screwing you what company was it. Hope your merchandise is recovered and these idiots get their due justice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So after talking with my mom I found out more info on the insurance deal.

My aunt is my landlord, and the deal is that they only gave us 2k worth of theft recovery on our policy, which is not even a quarter of our stuff. So that's the deal there.

The insurance company is Universal insurance, and the adjuster that came out there said that we had to have pictures and proof of everything (before we found out that we only had 2k worth of coverage), and that if we didnt have a picture/receipt/box then they wouldn't be giving us any money for it. So I HIGHLY reccommend to everyone that they take pictures of all of their stuff!

@badfishermen It happened between 5:30 and 8:30, and they busted in my back kitchen window, opened my sliding glass door and came in. They didn't vandalize my house at all, but they were bold enough to walk out the front door with a whole entertainment center full of stuff. The police tried fingerprinting but all they got was a partial print from a gardening glove.

@nextstep We installed a full alarm system yesterday so this won't happen to us again, not that i've got anything for them to take :/

Thanks everyone for all of their help and well wishings, i really appreciate it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the info--Thieves suck---maybe you should invest in a roving patrol (dog) on top of the alarm system. I would love for my roving patrols to chew on a burglars leg instead of my furniture when I'm gone!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts