Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
choppedliver (2/11/2010)My "magnum opus"

Here is a teaser pic. I know you can't tell what it is. I'm not ready to completely reveal it yet......

I am sorry.

I figured out what it was, and it was so brilliant that I could not help myself.... I went ahead and filled out and submitted the patent on the 11th.

I got acknowledgment of pending patent the same day, wow that was fast! I negotiated a short production run with a company I found on http://www.made-in-china.com/

Zhangjiagang City Xinteer Sports & Leisure Products Co., Ltd. drives a hard bargain, but I figure with the 3000% mark up, I can make it back quickly. I agree that the aluminum channel was the way to go, they will stamp the fittings though, so the production cost will be significantly less then your prototype cost to assemble.

The first 5000 units should ship early next month and will be advertised online. In your honor I named it "Chopped Liver's magnum opus"

I know this is a tough blow, and as a consolation I am going to offer you one of the first to be sold in the US. I will give you a great deal, but you have to keep the price 'just between us' since I won't tolerate anyone cutting into my margin on this.

Good luck with your future products, and PLEASE do me a favor and post some pictures for me in the future in case you have any more ideas I can use.

Thanks,

;)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
FlounderAssassin (2/20/2010)Any updates?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, I'm sorry guys. I finally got started working on the patent drawings and descriptions. Ive got three things I'm working on patent applications and I'm getting better at it. Been working on it the last few days. Should have something ready to be revealed at the beginning of the week. Sorry for the delays, blowing up my BOAT MOTOR on valentines day didn't exactly help me out any.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Today was supposed to be paperwork day, and reveal it tomorrow.

Was up till 2am tweaking the prototype. Reduced the weight so much found that it warps under stress :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Spent all day trying to figure out how to keep weight same, and make it stronger/more rigid

I am going to buy some more metal tomorrow, cut this prototype up into pieces I can salvage and build another one. Assuming it goes well, I hope to have that done tomorrow.

Paperwork Monday night/tuesday morning, reveal tuesday night/wednesday morning.

Please hang with me guys, once again sorry for the delay. Guess I spoke too soon. :looser

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I stopped by today and talked to chris for a bit and he showed me this invention...its bad ass. When he finally does unveil it, he'll have folks all along the gulf coast lining up to buy one. Start saving your money now, although from the rough estimate he gave me its not going to cost that much.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been following this post daily. Can't wait to find out what it is. I'll be looking tonight. Btw is it anything I can use over here in Missississipi?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
pmurphy (2/23/2010)I've been following this post daily. Can't wait to find out what it is. I'll be looking tonight. Btw is it anything I can use over here in Missississipi?

Pmurphy....

You most definitely could use it in MS.... probably more so than us here in Florida.

I am truly sorry I didn't mean to string you guys along. I have been trying to re-engineer it to make it more rigid, without adding weight to it. This has taken longer than expected.

I've also got my regular job to deal with, and I have been dealing with renters who are not paying, renters who are leaving, etc.

Today I figured out a way to accomplish the desired effect though and actually drop a pound of weight. Should be about 29-31 pounds when I'm done with it. These changes mean that my patent application would be basically null and void because you cannot patent and then change it midstream. So I am making progress, just not as quickly as I would like

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
hunterfisher (2/23/2010)Do you have a price range on how much your invention is going to cost.

Im just curious

I am hoping to get it in the $300 range + - 75 bucks.

I have a guy here in town who I have to outsource some of the labor because I do not have the machinery to do part of it. Really need to do a parts breakdown, and labor breakdown to figure it out. There is a shit ton of labor involved in this 30 pound contraption

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Well, did you really expect a nuclear powered lemon squeezer to be simple to build??????

Uh-OH........ Did I just say that?:doh

NOBODY heard that from me! :nonono

·
Registered
420 Posts
i know that hardly anyone knows me here, but i have been following this now since its inception and i am officially frustrated. i am starting to think i should call shenanigans on this "thing". you just want to see how long you can keep a post going on about nothing. job well done!!!:moon:moon:banghead:banghead let us know already!! but please dont reply to this or any other posts until you have an answer!!!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts