Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
When I was in highschool (Long time ago), We invented an aerosol spray to color a fart so you wouldn't accidently walk into it. I don't know why, but it never sold???

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,093 Posts
Dplantmann (2/12/2010)"Dry Granular Deep Root Feeder"(Patented), "Dplantmann's Surf Fishing Burley Bag", "Dplantmann's Low Imparct
Weeding Tool", "Dplantmann's Heron Stop System", "Dplantmann's Goose Stop System" to name a few.

I get ideas for new items on a daily basis. The key is to write them down when they pop into your head.

The latest thing was a "Vibrating Stripper Pole" - Why shouldn't she enjoy herself a little bit while performing?

My inventiveness/creativeness is for hire. PM me if interested.
Simplicity is king...
I am reminded of Michael Keaton in "Night Shift"

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/4tT3rAo2s4s&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Jim

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry guys, didn't mean to string you along this long. I fully intended on filling out the patent paperwork by now, so I could reveal it. I have been putting it off, because I hate paperwork. I cant wait to show you guys what I'm building

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I always wanted to build some tripod platform/towers with a chair on top and narrow ladder up the side. Swim them out to the second sand bar and set 'em up. The waves would pass around the legs and the tripods would sit on the bottom with 8 to 10 ft over the waterline. Rent 'em out for Cobe and pomp fishin'. What 'chall think about that.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Breeze Fabricators (2/13/2010)I always wanted to build some tripod platform/towers with a chair on top and narrow ladder up the side. Swim them out to the second sand bar and set 'em up. The waves would pass around the legs and the tripods would sit on the bottom with 8 to 10 ft over the waterline. Rent 'em out for Cobe and pomp fishin'. What 'chall think about that.

I think thats a great idea... and honestly, it would be "compatible with" what I am working on... That's all Im saying lol. Tim, we might could work together on a little somethin

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
First four prototypes were made of wood, and were heavy. Just for proof of concept. Not intended for actual use. Not sure of weight.

First aluminum protoype was fully functional, but very heavy. About 70 pounds

Second aluminum prototype fully functional, still heavy... 45 pounds

Third aluminum protoype , full functional, 32 pounds!!! Yeah baby! Now we are talking. Id still like to shave off about 5 pounds but its getting to the point I cant figure out where to lose weight and still keep strength. Now I know what it must feel like to try and make a race car and keep weight down.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,093 Posts
GREAT idea...

The possible legal questions bother me though. Where do you launch them? Liability? Coast Guard hazard to navigation?

Again GREAT idea...

I don't think you'd get much grief on a personal use kinda thing. But as soon as you try to rent one out...

Don't mean to be THAT guy, but somebody has to be.

Jim

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
jim t (2/13/2010)GREAT idea...

The possible legal questions bother me though. Where do you launch them? Liability? Coast Guard hazard to navigation?

Again GREAT idea...

I don't think you'd get much grief on a personal use kinda thing. But as soon as you try to rent one out...

Don't mean to be THAT guy, but somebody has to be.

Jim

Oh wait you were talking about tims tripod of cobia love, my bad ! :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I bet the National Seashore Park Nazi's would come by and write you a ticket for something if you tried Tim's idea. Probably something along the lines of "SIR! You are impeding the travel of SEA TURTLES, SIR!!!!!"................

·
Registered
931 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (2/13/2010)I bet the National Seashore Park Nazi's would come by and write you a ticket for something if you tried Tim's idea. Probably something along the lines of "SIR! You are impeding the travel of SEA TURTLES, SIR!!!!!"................
wow way to be a douche bag. my guess is you have walked through a bird colony or werewalking you dog on the beach or something stupid like that and was asked to stop and you threw a hissy fit thinking this is public property i can do what i want.

anyway not to completely derail the thread maybe i have no clue what it could be, my best guess is a base for the cobia stand so one leg dosent sink in and tip it over.

·
Registered
848 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_lblFullMessage><DIV class=Quote>angus_cow_doctor (2/13/2010) <HR class=hr noShade SIZE=1>I bet the National Seashore Park Nazi's would come by and write you a ticket for something if you tried Tim's idea. Probably something along the lines of "SIR! You are impeding the travel of SEA TURTLES, SIR!!!!!"................</DIV>

wow way to be a douche bag. my guess is you have walked through a bird colony or werewalking you dog on the beach or something stupid like that and was asked to stop and you threw a hissy fit thinking this is public property i can do what i want.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
please tell me your were being sarcastic....

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
specslayer (2/13/2010)
angus_cow_doctor (2/13/2010)I bet the National Seashore Park Nazi's would come by and write you a ticket for something if you tried Tim's idea. Probably something along the lines of "SIR! You are impeding the travel of SEA TURTLES, SIR!!!!!"................
wow way to be a douche bag. my guess is you have walked through a bird colony or werewalking you dog on the beach or something stupid like that and was asked to stop and you threw a hissy fit thinking this is public property i can do what i want.

anyway not to completely derail the thread maybe i have no clue what it could be, my best guess is a base for the cobia stand so one leg dosent sink in and tip it over.

Totally uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I was thinking about something light enough to float out, maybe even some styrofoam balls around the upper part of the legsand seat . You could tow it out with a yack. Slide the floats off the bottom of the legs, spread 'em out and sink 'em into the sand at the second sand bar. Tie up your yack and climb up for a days cobe fishin'! I don't think the pier guys would like it much if you set up just east of the pier and far enough away to avoid "sinker shots" every day during cobe season:banghead but I think you could set them up daily like the sand chair dudes do and rent 'em. Even if you supplied the yaks I would think for the three or four hottest part of the summer they might rent.:usaflag

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I watched a guy swim a ladder out to the second sand bar one time. It was funny as hell until i thought o shit this guy is going to drown. He finally made it out to the bar with ladder in tow and then he got the ladder set up and before he could get set up he got pounded. Well this continued over and over so he decided to leave and thats when it got real bad. You would probably need some type of forum to sign or insurance.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
specslayer (2/13/2010)

NOPE....

Never walked through any bird colonies. Never had my dog on ANY beach.... Never drank on the beach... I don't even take any glass of any kind to the beach... I am a stickler for following the rules as much as possible. Never been arrested. I think I got 3 speeding tickets in my life, none in the last 10 years.

And, by the way, it IS public property, But no, you can't do whatever you want.

You see, you ASSUMED I was one of those rebellious, non-caring individuals who think they are better than everyone else, the ones that are narcicistic and break all the rules, then are indignant when they get in trouble.

Instead, I am one of those not-so-silent-dissidents who believes our government is spiralling out of control, and 90% of the laws are generated from their intense desire to create a "nanny state".

As a good example, when the speed limit going out to Fort Pickens was reduced to 15 MPH last summer for the birds, I went 15 MPH. Did that stop me from noticing the Park Rangers going WAYYYYY over 15 MPH on their state issued vehicles??? NOPE!

And has anyone ever noticed how the parks employees ride their 4 wheelers all over the beach, and occasionally over the dunes at Pickens??? Of course, I don't take mine over there and ride. That would be illegal! They want you to "do as we say, not as we do".

There was a thread on here last year where one of the Parks employees tried to write a ticket to someone who was picking up glass on the beach as a good samaritan.

And who can forget that classic thread that was also covered by the gulf breeze news, where there was an altercation over somebodies camper tires not being on the camping pad all the way? To be fair, as I recall, there were alot of extenuating circumstances on that one.

All I am saying is thatsome of the Parks Employees act more like Nazis than they should. There are many good, well intentioned, intelligent parks employees as well, but it only takes a few to make them all look bad.

OK... Now that my rant is over, I apologize for the derail. Who knew mentioning sea turtles would lead to this......:doh

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
ok get that patent turned in so we can know what this thing is!! i keep checking back for more info and everytime im disappointed:banghead i like the way this thread is goin though:letsdrink very cool

21 - 40 of 79 Posts