Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "magnum opus"

Here is a teaser pic. I know you can't tell what it is. I'm not ready to completely reveal it yet.

I cannot post too much detail at this point, I still need to apply for patent, and I am still tweaking the design. This is something Ive been working for about 8 months. I've built at least seven prototypes, first out of wood, then aluminum. I am going to go out on a limb and say this could very well revolutize several areas of the fishing world. I hope that when I am able to reveal it to you, that you agree.

*****************************************************************************************

UPDATE: JUST FILED WITH US PATENT OFFICE: I can now LEGALLY claim "Patent Pending". Sorry to keep you waiting guys. The waiting is over. I hope you like it.

INTRODUCING THE FISHING MULE

What does a mule do? A mule carries your stuff where you want to go. The fishing mule, carries your stuff, where you want to go.

Here is a video of the fishing mule in action

Will post still pictures later... enough waiting

Please remember this is a prototype that has been torn apart, changed, put back together, several times. I would not sell this one. It has been grinded on, welded on, beat on, disassembled, reassembled, etc. Some of things will look slightly different when the final product is put together.

You can use this for surf fishing, wade fishing, flounder gigging, crabbing, tow it behind your canoe or kayak for extra space, throw shells and sand fleas in it and let the sand sift out and leave the shells and sand fleas behind. You can take it on the river tubing and put your beer cooler in it. It's got mounting rails and brackets for adding things. You could have a honda generator in this thing and mount lights to it while you wade gig. You can wade fish and take all your stuff out on the water. Put it out there and throw the anchor, set a few rods, crack a beer open. Put four rods in it, grab on the back rail, and swim out to the second sand bar. Deploy all four rods, swim back. Or just throw your anchor and fish four rods right on the sand bar... Cast your mullet net, scoop up a bunch of them empty them right in your cooler in tow. Guys I think of new ideas for this thing all the time. I'm sure there is plenty more I have not thought of.

Enough for now, I am going to hit the publish button so you can all get off my ass :):moon

By the way, this is only one of three versions I am going to manufacture

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I have absolutely no idea but good luck.

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
Looks like a lid to something?:letsdrink

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
:sleeping:sleeping

you get us all reved up with the title "My Greatest Invention", only to give us a sideways pic ofwhat appears to be a frame of aaluminum square and then tell us you cant reveal any details???

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
R/C surf bait delivery system. Used to get bait out from the beach without losing limbs to sharks? :)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ScullsMcNasty (2/11/2010):sleeping:sleeping

you get us all reved up with the title "My Greatest Invention", only to give us a sideways pic ofwhat appears to be a frame of aaluminum square and then tell us you cant reveal any details???

Sorry Sculls... just thought it would fun to generate some interest, see what kind of ideas you guys come up with

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
BIGRIGZ (2/11/2010)It's a surf fishing platform for fishing Cobia from the beach!!!!!

maybe.....

Man...Where do I get mine? We could whack the Pompano...Going to need a couple rod holder and a cool place for my brew..Talk about sunburnt:hotsun

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dylan (2/11/2010)
BIGRIGZ (2/11/2010)It's a surf fishing platform for fishing Cobia from the beach!!!!!

maybe.....

Man...Where do I get mine? We could whack the Pompano...Going to need a couple rod holder and a cool place for my brew..Talk about sunburnt:hotsun

I got the rod holders you need, I'll even weld you a beer holder ON Your rod holder :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Dylan (2/11/2010)

maybe.....
its called a ladder dylan :banghead

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
its a mullet gun.....

similar to a potato gun, but this one allows you to strip line off your Penn 6/0 and then LAUNCH your bait complete with the weight over 100 yards into the surf.....

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!

We call it the "mullet cannon"...:moon

OK. I am just kidding, but wouldn't that be a great invention?

·
Registered
699 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (2/11/2010)its a mullet gun.....

similar to a potato gun, but this one allows you to strip line off your Penn 6/0 and then LAUNCH your bait complete with the weight over 100 yards into the surf.....

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!

We call it the "mullet cannon"...:moon

OK. I am just kidding, but wouldn't that be a great invention?

The OLE Spray Alot of It!

I 've often tought of the exact same thing. Your Mullet might even get tenderized some too, help chum the water, kinda like cutting one up alittle. I bet it would work, a potatoe gun popping a mullet out there. I would love to try it. Might be attacked by Seagulls if the wind is blowing onshore, and the mullet just couldn't handle alot of spray.

Now , where were we? Oh, yea, the invention . Looks like a square of angle iron for a heavy duty cleaning table.:letsdrink

·
Registered
958 Posts
I got it figured out took me a few minutes and had to bring more light to the picture and blow it up. But Im on to you !! Wow I started my first prototype tonight of my own and filled out the patent information. I will send it in tomorrow !! Thanks :nonono Just kidding . Have no idea what it is but either way I wouldnt do that type of thing . Better becareful though

·
Registered
0 Posts
"Dry Granular Deep Root Feeder"(Patented), "Dplantmann's Surf Fishing Burley Bag", "Dplantmann's Low Imparct

Weeding Tool", "Dplantmann's Heron Stop System", "Dplantmann's Goose Stop System" to name a few.

I get ideas for new items on a daily basis. The key is to write them down when they pop into your head.

The latest thing was a "Vibrating Stripper Pole" - Why shouldn't she enjoy herself a little bit while performing?

My inventiveness/creativeness is for hire. PM me if interested.

Simplicity is king...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts