Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So just a couple weeks ago I went to Johnsons Beach and hooked up on a bull red. Got him to the shore and was waiting for one more wave to crash in so I could get him in a little closer and snap goes my leader and off he swims. Operators error I'm sure.
It always seems that the ones you don't land are the biggest...ha

Today I was goin to give it another shot. Headed back out to Johnsons Beach with 2 rods, pompano rig and some shrimp.
It was a little ruff out today but my lines stayed tight for the most part.
As I watched my rods bending with the waves one of my lines went slack.
Assuming I had a fish on the other end, I set the hook. At first I didn't think it was anything big, then it started to pull drag!:) smiling from ear to ear I fought em for about 10 min and landed my first bull red. He was around 35 inches.

Also landed me a juvenile Pompano. which I thought where not around this time of the year??

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice fish for sure! I know the feeling after landing my first bull on Sunday, looking forward to many more. And also some slots so I can feed myself...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice fish for sure! I know the feeling after landing my first bull on Sunday, looking forward to many more. And also some slots so I can feed myself...
I did enjoy landing this fish but I would love to land me some slots for dinner.
I wish you luck on your future fishing trips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts