Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Praedator
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 3 mile for about 2.5 hours yesterday with the other 50 boats out there. Everyone seemed to be catching something at one point in time. Of course we got enough white troutto fill a huge cooler if we wanted. Kept some big ones for dinner. My dad was in town and I just wanted to let him catch some fish. He could care less what he caught. He doesn't get out to much to fishwhere he lives. The small black snapper where everywhere as well. Most were 9.9 inches, just under the size minimum. I did get one 11 incher. My dad caught one of the biggest white trout I have ever seen. It went 22 inches. It gave him a nice little fight on some light tackle.

And about midway through the fishing, this little baby grouper decided to find it's way to my hook. It's my first bay grouper. Not the size that I would like, but still my first.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The boy and my first bay grouper was about that size. We caught it in the pass during the PFF camping trip a couple of months ago. Hope to upsize soon.

·
Registered
390 Posts
at least they only get bigger from there. i trolled my stretch 25 yesterday from old coast gaurd to pass, nothing. i was going to go to 3mile but i figured it was like a parking lot. nice report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts