Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my daughter, Amber, with her first real offshore charter trip. We loaded up on the 'Native Sun' out of Southwind Marina at 7am Sunday and away we went. I also had Robbie Louhier with us and we all were ready to catch our share of some of those endangered Red Snapper.

First spot gave up some good size fish but not much for the three of us. We were hoping for some double-digit keepers. Second spot was on fire and I finally got a decent fish in the 10lb range. Amber was really getting the hang of it and after dropping bait number 3, she hooked up on what we knew was a big fish. Took her a while but without any assistance, she got it boatside where the deckhand got it over the side and in the cooler!

Yea for Amber! It was a good 15lb fish and bigger than anything else we saw on the boat that day. Robby got some good size snapper and we all got our limit on that spot.

Next we fished a bit further south and everyone got a bunch of good size Mingos. A great trip and one little girl is now hooked on fishing and is already planning our next trip! Enjoy a few pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never thought I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. I can't wait for our next trip! Now it's time I catch my first shark. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
For your first snapper you get a clapper:clapping: You should have your dad start looking for a 9/0 for you! I think your probably going to need it. If your not losing sleep thinking about fishing now just wait until you put your first big shark on the beach. Then you will be hooked just like......Austin. UGLY

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Awesome fish!!!Glad you took her Dad and glad she had fun!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the compliments! Amber has checked off a big snapper on her bucket list. Next is a shark off the beach. Wait till she finds out she will have to yak out her own bait at night...

·
Registered
16 Posts
For your first snapper you get a clapper:clapping: You should have your dad start looking for a 9/0 for you! I think your probably going to need it. If your not losing sleep thinking about fishing now just wait until you put your first big shark on the beach. Then you will be hooked just like......Austin. UGLY
Thank you!! I'm ready to catch my first shark now. I think the excitement of a shark getting off my line from last weekend has made me want one even more. And I'll even paddle out my own bait. ;)

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
Nice report Gary, that weekend was really productive for all of us out there. And congrats on the first trip Amber

1 - 19 of 19 Posts