Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of yall dont know me but have been on this site for a couple of years. I dont post alot but really wanted to share this. My 15 year old daughter killed her first deer Thanksgiving weekend in Blackwater. I had put up a 2 man latter stand on Friday and her and my son rode around all day. Sat. we get up and head that way, boy she is excited. Two years ago she missed her first deer and last year we couldnt do anything to put her on one. All the while my son killed his first doe and missed a spike. Anyway, we get in the stand and at about 7 a cowhorn comes walking our way. She gets ready and he is going between trees. Finaly he gives her a shot and swing and a miss. He gets out of there like his but is on fire. I lok at her and she just has that look like I`m never going to hit one. We talk about it a little while and I tell her how many I have missed and wow its alot(lol). So we sit until about 9 seeing 7 does and yearls. Get down and grab lunch and go back to the stand about 230. At 3 a 5 point is walking at a little over 200yds and she wont take the shot says it is to far and she dont think she can hit it. I tried several times before she says you shoot it. Well I try again and she says please I dont want to shoot it that far. Well I was able to kill him and told we would stay until dark. Well about 30 mins. before dark a pack of dogs are coming our way and I tell her to get ready. Out pops another cowhorn running wide open. I satnd and yell and scream and he stops but right behind a tree, then turns and runs away from us. I tell her to shoot him in the but that I have seen plenty killed that way and wham she shoots. He buckle real bad and I know she hit him good. The dogs stay on him and bay him up.The owers of the dogs come looking and I yell to tell them the story and wow the reaction I got. They took off running to get the deer for us. We had to really run to keep up with them. We found him and they were high fiving her and telling her great job, then looked at me and said lets get this out of here, and proceeding in helping drag it out. Wow what a bunch of great guys. They did noy know either of us but by the time we got to the truck we had made some new very good frieds.

Attachments

4,058 Posts
is the shooting of does illegal where you are? i just dont understand passing up 7 does to shoot an immature buck; 2 of them at that

the ol' shot thru the ass has got to be a horrible way to die. i let an 8 walk several years ago because i was stalking him eastward along a firelane, and that was the only shot it presented me, and wasn't confident about my bullet doing enough damage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant shoot does in Blackwater unless during early bow season. Blackwater has no deer managment. Horns 5 inch above the hair line is legal, and hell for her first I really didnt care.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great response bandit. Congrats to you and your daughter on the bucks . We need all the youth involvment in hunting to keep it going for the future.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey blue dumbass, sit on the food plots your daddy bought you and kill what ever you want. but dont preach to a kid hunting on public land about what they kill. i would bet 90 persent of the hunters on this forum are killing deer like the ones in those pictures. and for the trophy hunters to each his own. hey fat boy what about some love for the guide or at least the guy with the cart. bryen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry Bryen forgot to menton you put us in that spot and came and got the deer toward the end of the drag, but the dog hunters stole the show with how cool they were to Lauren. I`m glad to know that there are people out there that are truly just excited to see a girl kill her first deer. I know not a world class buck in some eyes but hell to me it is and will be a wall hanger. I know for damn sure it is to Lauren. Alot of girls will have nothing to do with hunting and mine begs to go, so I`m blessed to have that. between her and Dalton(my son) they fight to see who goes next.

4,058 Posts
Bill's Boy (12/10/2007)hey blue dumbass, sit on the food plots your daddy bought you and kill what ever you want. but dont preach to a kid hunting on public land about what they kill.
cant say you're gonna get real far on this website talking to ANYONE like that, especially with a whopping THREE posts.

first of all, it's blue hoo, not blue dumbass. learn to read. secondly, i never said anything negative to the grown man (not kid) about his deer. look up the definition of immature (Main Entry: <B minmax_bound="true">im·ma·ture[/B]<BR minmax_bound="true">Pronunciation: <TT minmax_bound="true">"im-&-'t(y)u(&)r <I minmax_bound="true">also[/I] -'chu(&)r</TT><BR minmax_bound="true">Function: <I minmax_bound="true">adjective[/I]<BR minmax_bound="true"><B minmax_bound="true">:[/B] lacking complete growth, differentiation, or development)

and you will find that i am simply alluding to the fact that that deer is young, and has not reached its genetic and physical maturity. nowhere did i say "look at that small ass deer you shot; you're an idiot" or anything along those lines.

·
Super Moderator
28,497 Posts
Congrats to your gurl fer her 1st!!! Can't wait till doe days so my baby gurl can get hers....:clap

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bandit, congrats on both of the deer, especially for your daughter! I am glad that the dog hunters helped ya'll w/ finding her deer. Don't let some of the others on here get you rattled, regardless of how many posts you have here.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Congrat's to both of you!!!!!You are truly blessed to have a daughter that wants to go with dad hunting!!!!:bowdown....I would love my daughter to hunt with me....gotta love that blood on her face!!!!Your a very lucky man!!!!:clap:toast

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The Blue Hoo (12/10/2007)
Bill's Boy (12/10/2007)hey blue dumbass, sit on the food plots your daddy bought you and kill what ever you want. but dont preach to a kid hunting on public land about what they kill.
cant say you're gonna get real far on this website talking to ANYONE like that, especially with a whopping THREE posts.

first of all, it's blue hoo, not blue dumbass. learn to read. secondly, i never said anything negative to the grown man (not kid) about his deer. look up the definition of immature (Main Entry: <B minmax_bound="true">im·ma·ture[/B]<BR minmax_bound="true">Pronunciation: <TT minmax_bound="true">"im-&-'t(y)u(&)r <I minmax_bound="true">also[/I] -'chu(&)r</TT><BR minmax_bound="true">Function: <I minmax_bound="true">adjective[/I]<BR minmax_bound="true"><B minmax_bound="true">:[/B] lacking complete growth, differentiation, or development)

and you will find that i am simply alluding to the fact that that deer is young, and has not reached its genetic and physical maturity. nowhere did i say "look at that small ass deer you shot; you're an idiot" or anything along those lines.
:bowdown great response woody, Seriously Bill's boy, I read the thread in its order and didn't see anything offensive to the man or his daughter. He simply asked a question about shooting does. I didn't know the answer. For people who don't hunt that area, we don't know the land or what if any management there is. I am sure that Woody is just as happy as anyone about the young lady killing her first deer. But you my friend need to chill out

Congrats on her first deer. That is a memory that will last a lifetime. :clap

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea old blue i dont think u would last that long on here the way u talk about every bodys deer but we never hear anything about u shooting deer all we see is ur wave riding if u want so waves go and fish not hunt dummy:moon

·
Registered
99 Posts
It seems like every time Bluehoo you post anything it sounds condescending or criticizingremarks, that 5 pt any person in blackwater woulda shot. if you get to even see abuck in blackwater or any public land you take it. Way to go on the deer and the opportunity to get a kid (daughter nonetheless) to share a great hunt with!!!:clap

·
Registered
225 Posts
Shooting one in the butt is risky business(especially for a first time shooter), butttt glad to hear that you recovered the deer. Good on the fellas that helped you out. It is always fun when a bunch of strangers pull together and it ends up good. Congrats on the deer. Your just lucky to have a girl that wants to get out there!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
First off: Congratulations to your daughter on her first kill, it's great to see young people, especially young women taking an interest in Nature. If everybody had a passion for hunting our, land resources would be in a much more stabilized state!

Well it seems to me that if bucks are so rare then you need to quit shooting the immature ones and let them grow.

God put us on this Earth to live in harmony with it, not to dominate it. As long as hunters do their part with the conservation of the land and the species then they have the right to take them. It's our naturaul humanistic greed that leads to situations like passing up 7 does to take a small juvenile male. I farmer doesn't just harvest..he plows, plants, waters, fertilizes and then after all of that his hard works yields a crop for him to take.

Also, I would like to see more people pass up on a trophy for fear of crippling the animal. That to me shows an understanding of the FACT that the deer is not so substandard as to risk mortally wounding the animal for that ounce of chance that you may find him dead hours later and have yourself one hell of a trophy:banghead:banghead

thanks,

CurtyV

1 - 20 of 45 Posts