Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Well, my dad has done it again. This must be his year. I got invited up to hog hunt a friend of mines place in Bullock Co andhe told me to bring my dad. We took off at lunch on Friday and made it up there. We got to camp around 4:30, changed clothes and hit the woods. We heard a few squeals across the creek but just didn't have time to make a move on them before dark. My buddy and another friend ended up shooting a 224lb and 244lb sows that aft. It sounded like they were having a war from where we were. We came back to camp, ate dinner, sat around the fire telling stories, and hit the sack around 10. We got up the next morn and dad and I walked out a 1200 acre ranch down the roadwith another buddy of ours and his dad. It took us about 4 hours or so. We didn't see much sign and saw 0 hogs. In the past this ranch has been a honey hole but Saturday it was a bust. We came back to camp and helped clean the 2 sows from the evening before. We had fried mullet and fries for lunch and then took a quick ciesta before hitting the woods again that afternoon. We went back in the area we had heard the squeals and this time we crossed the creek. Tons of sign right off that bat. We stalked for over an hour with no luck. We decided to turn back and try one more spot before calling it a night. We hadn't back tracked ourselves100yds yet when I stopped everyone to listen... Sure enough what I heard was a hog. About 60yds out I see a big black blob... I get dad lined up and we are letting her come to us. We see another good size hog and a bunch of piglets...17 to be exact. They are inching closer and closer. I'm trying to get on the other bigger pig but we can't get everything together...I'm a one in the hand is better than two in the bush guy when it comes to hogsso I tell dad to unleash when he gets a clear shot. 15secs later he unleashes...DEAD PIG. I shoot at a piglet or two and I'm high every shot. I see mud and water flying just over their backs. The 2nd big one makes a break for it and I run down to head him off. I need him to clear one tree and he's dead...well just as he clears the tree my dad's gun barks again...2nd Pig down...All I see is the pig I'm fixin to shoot go tummbling. He had an angle on it as well and took aim. We squeeze a couple more off at the piglets with no luck but Dad got 2. His 1st and 2nd hog ever. Well the pictures tell the rest of the story.The sow weighed 150lb and boar weighed122lbI'll post pics of the 224 and 244lb later... <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The site of the masacure.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Loaded back up and fixing to cross the creek.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The 224 and 244! BIGGINS!!! You should have heard the story of dragging them out. I was glad I used the old "My Shoulder Is Hurt" routine so I didn't have to help! Tyler, Ryan, and Mini Ryan aka Zane!<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">One more of dad's with Tyler and myself.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">A great weekend in the woods...Great friends make Great memories!<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Man what a great post, you wrote well but looking at the pride your dad has, outshines any words anyone can say. Congrats to both of you for a great hunt with father and son.

·
Super Moderator
29,273 Posts
I never have problems getting :takephoto w/ my phone brother!!! Don't know why they wouldn't come through:banghead Ahhhh looks like a great weekend, I done thought you killed a Monster up in Chumuckla:letsdrink

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jason (2/22/2010)I never have problems getting :takephoto w/ my phone brother!!! Don't know why they wouldn't come through:banghead

You might be over your "Picture of Dead Animals" quota for the month on your phone plan. LOL!

Thanks for all the replies from everyone. That hog hunting is fun stuff forsure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts