Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the 20th I got a call letting me know that my Alabama neighbor (john) was in the Selma hospital with Covid. I sat on the Dock and talked with him for over an hour on the 12th. No masks and we shook hands. Per the report he got sick on the 15th and went to the dr on the 17 th. John was admitted to the hospital on the 20th. I was tested at UWF at 9am Monday and received my results 6 days later - I’m negative! John was put on a respirator, sedated and has been transferred to UAB, his condition is unchanged.
I wore my mask all week and it was hell! But when your faced with the very real possibility of transferring it to your family it’ll make you less concerned about the minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
One of my mother's friend was hospitalized March 23, he is being discharged this week. He was intubated once hospitalized, then he caught an unknown infection, then pneumonia, and now has a stage 4 tunneling bed sore. The guy's body has completely atrophied, but he is alive.

One major factor we are starting to see concerning becoming infected is your viral load exposure. If you are outside at a decent distance your exposure level is very low. But if your inside for any length of time around someone who is infected and you have no mask or respiratory protection your risk goes way up! Florida has had more new infections everyday this week than all of Europe. If you are going to be in public, especially indoors, please wear a mask.

·
Super Moderator
28,272 Posts
Rough to hear brother.... prayers lifted fer John and his family!!! Stay safe brother especially all the crap you have been going through. Your immune system has worked double time so you are at risk!

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John has been taking chemo for years, but not for cancer, not sure what. That’s probably why it’s got him so bad. And yes Jason, been steering clear of everyone, last place I expected to get exposed was the camp. I need my body concentrating on one spot, no Covid please!

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kevin have you thought about taking some Zinc? Wife hasn't had a cold in 5 years after taking it. Boost your immune system.
Wish you could see my medicine pile at each meal. 14 pills a day plus 4 shakes. Zinc is in there. Lotsa collagen and sweet wheat juice also

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
kevin,
thanks for the pm. i just wondered what kinda health problems he had and maybe if he'd been to selma somewhere. i go to wallyworld mostly for beer and groceries and stay clear of the crazies without a mask. 6-10 feet. been doing my social distancing since march 13.
i'm mainly relying on my good health at 69. keeping my fingers crossed.
jack

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kevin,
thanks for the pm. i just wondered what kinda health problems he had and maybe if he'd been to selma somewhere. i go to wallyworld mostly for beer and groceries and stay clear of the crazies without a mask. 6-10 feet. been doing my social distancing since march 13.
i'm mainly relying on my good health at 69. keeping my fingers crossed.
jack
At last report, they didn’t know where he got it. He has a son that drives an OTR truck so that’s one possibility, he also loves to talk and coulda got it in Camden but don’t think he spends much time in Selma

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
This hits home when you actually know someone. No matter what anyone says, take care of your self and social distance to respect others.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts