Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Returned to the Lion's Park in Niceville around noon today. The usual line of boats were waiting to launch, and those waiting to load up. One of the first in line was a long go-fast boat. They backed into the water on one ramp, and proceeded to work on the engines. Completely oblivious to the 5-6 boats idling around waiting to haul out, and the long line of boats waiting to deploy. After around 20-25 minutes, I finally backed down the other ramp, loaded my boat, and left. They were still working on the POS boat.
I took this photo, though better of saying anything. I just left.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I've always wanted a potato cannon that fired balloons filled with excrement. Probably have to have a sabot of some kind. I'm not into reloading either. Maybe I could buy ready-made ammo... Uh oh. Time for my nap.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah, I can lose it at a ramp. It doesn't seem to bother some folks that they're holding up a line of other people. I can't get my head around that one and don't mind letting em know it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Stories like this should be required annual training of any user of a boat ramp. With very limited capacity at boat ramps, one dufus can cause a lot of problems for many people. I avoid weekend boating mostly because of it.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,719 Posts
Worst I have ever seen is at the ramp by my house. One lane and only enough dock to tie up a boat on each side. One googan can turn it into a shit show in 30 seconds. I was in line to pull my boat next with 5 trucks lined up behind me. My wife and kids were sitting in the boat. This fat googan pulls his pontoon boat and then stops at the top of the ramp. Gets out of his truck and proceeds to climb onto the pontoon to start cleaning up. If that wasn't bad enough, he found a box of Krispy Kremes and sat down and started munching on them.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
The stories are always fun to read. They are more enjoyable to witness. I had a fun time at Navy point on Saturday. I took some first time boaters for a quick afternoon run to Fort McRee and back. When we returned it was chaos at the ranch. I got my vehicle and found an open ramp. Back in, Loaded the boat. And we were out of there. These first timers said You sure did that quick, and you did it by yourself. Those four people over there are still trying to get their boat on the trailer.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I've always wanted a potato cannon that fired balloons filled with excrement. Probably have to have a sabot of some kind. I'm not into reloading either. Maybe I could buy ready-made ammo... Uh oh. Time for my nap.
There are usually plenty of pre-loaded rounds strewn across the parking lot at Walmart and Dollar General. Huggies and Pampers I think provide the best accuracy, but Depends offer the best pattern if you are engaging multiple targets.

·
Super Moderator
28,376 Posts
Yeah I was launching yesterday in Destin and a couple older folks in a pontoon were tied up to the launch just chill-axing..... We launched after standing in line and they were probably there fer 20 minutes that I saw, no telling how long they were there before and after!!!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think I might bring some lawn chairs and a beach umbrella and spend an afternoon out there in the near future
A few years back when our boat was down in the middle of boating season, the wife and I did just that. Went to Shoreline and just watched the chaos and cursing for a good laugh. Unbelievable how many newbies refuse genuine offers of assistance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Websters Dictionary definition:

Googan:

Worst I have ever seen is at the ramp by my house. One lane and only enough dock to tie up a boat on each side. One googan can turn it into a shit show in 30 seconds. I was in line to pull my boat next with 5 trucks lined up behind me. My wife and kids were sitting in the boat. This fat googan pulls his pontoon boat and then stops at the top of the ramp. Gets out of his truck and proceeds to climb onto the pontoon to start cleaning up. If that wasn't bad enough, he found a box of Krispy Kremes and sat down and started munching on them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts