Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CAN'T SEEM TO GET MY BOAT IN THE WATER - I'VE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE BACKING DOWN THE BOAT RAMP- DOES ANYBODY HAVE TIME TO GIVE ME LESSONS ON HOW TO BACK A TRAILER?

·
Registered
154 Posts
When backing turn the opposite way you want to go and then follow the trailer. To learn find a big empty lot and just start following the trailer around.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Just drive the truck straight down the ramp. Eventually the boat will float! Make sure your AAA membership is current though. :)

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Put you hand on the bottom of the steering wheel and point it (Your Hand)in the direction you want the back of the trailer to go. Practice makes ferfect!!
:banghead

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Back down slow, and watch out the backwindow not the mirrors.. Until you get use to backing it down then train yourself to use the mirrors... You go to fast and the boat wont react like you want it to..

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
jigslinger (12/31/2008)
Tuna Man (12/31/2008)I think this one of those "new" member post to find just how much he/she can pull your leg.:doh:popcorn:popcorn
With a name like that, I'm thinkin you're right Ron.
How many 31 year olds buy a boat, and have never backed any trailer up. Yes sounds fishey to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I worked at a dealer and you would not believe the people that have never backed a boat. Hell go hang out at a boat ramp, that should give you a clue. i do agree this appears to be a bogus deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts