Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
You right.

That's a Crapload of Crappie.

I know some guys that can catch a limit of Crappie anyday they want, where I am only able to find them in the Spring (Spawning Season). Are you one of those that know where they are year around?

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Garbo (11/26/2007)No Ron That's more than a slab that is a....<P align=left><P align=left>Double D Titty Crappie.
<P align=left>Not at all uncommon in the Oxbow lakes in the Mississippi Delta. Especially in Lake Washington 20 miles South of Greenville.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There's lots of big Crappie in Miller's Ferry. I haven't ever targeted them but I have caught quite a few big ones on crank baits while bass fishing. That is my favorite place to go bass fishing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is a nice slab. My dad caught on in alabama last year that went 3 1/2 lbs. He was the fattest crappie I had ever seen. But back to your post. Nice fish, they sure eat good.:clap

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Garbo (11/26/2007)You right.

I know some guys that can catch a limit of Crappie anyday they want, where I am only able to find them in the Spring (Spawning Season). Are you one of those that know where they are year around?
Im like you Garbo. I can only catch them when spawning when they are more easy to predict. Have searched high and low for them at other times of the year but cant catch them. They are hard fish to figure out. Even after taking in tons of info from crappie.com. I will go out and apply the things I thought I learned from that site and come up with a blank. I evan made all kinds of crappie reafs and put them out in different locations but to no avail.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Here's a little secrit - told to me by an old smelly catfisherman.

In the river channel, find old-growth stumps that lean a bit.

12 to 20 feet down (which eliminates most cane polers)

stick an minner down there and let it sit.

Big crappie have a deal with the flatheads.

They flare their gills and fins so the big cats can't eat them.

That's the story anyway, but once I tried it I started catching big crappie year-round.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Garbo (11/26/2007)You right.

I do Curtis :) Plenty of places up here near Birmingham. But that is a nice slab no matter where you catch it. :bowdown

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thats a nice crappie, I have caught some big ones fishing tournaments on large crank baits. I once hooked one that was at least 3 lbs, maybe 4,it was huge, and thought I had a bass until I seen it at the boat. It came off at the boat, I was in shock since I never seen one that big.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts