Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying for2 years,Hannah finally killed her first deer. I would've paid $1000 for that experience. Here's the story.

A friend invited us to hunt on his club so we were there at 5:30...very tired. Got in the stand and about 6:45 had a nice bick cruise through, but couldn't count the horns and he wasn't going to stop either, so we let him pass. Nothing the rest of the morning. We actually got boredand left the stand to go on a biscuit run, then returned. Nothing. Got out and went to eat lunch at Mickey's (a great cheeseburger, by the way) and decided to hunt a different stand that evening. Around 4 we walked up to the green field and I saw a deer way in the back feeding. We dropped our gear andspent 20 minutes trying to sneak around to get a shot. The only way it was gonna happen was for us to get in the shooting house, which was elevated about 12 feet. When thedeer walked behind a tree we made a run for it. Got to the ladder andI sent Hannah up. Then I started up and the deer re-appeared. Every time the deer would put his head down I'd take another step. Finally, I was high enough where I couldn't see the deer so I had Hannah tell me each time the deer was not looking. I got into the house, shut the door, and chambered a round for Hannah. She put the scope on the deer andI walked her throughthe procedures (like we practiced many times at the house.) Finally gave her the go ahead and she pulled the trigger. The deer dropped like a rock...stone cold dead. The look on her face I'll remember forever. We then started yelling and high five-ing and hugging. She kept saying, "daddy, why am I shaking so bad?"but I convinced her it was a good thing. Got to the deer and initially couldn't find the bullet hole. She made a great shot. What an incredible day.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,197 Posts
VERY COOL!!!

Heck girl, I'd STILL be shaking!!!

Good for you...

Daddy will have to explain the word "adrenaline" to you!!!

Careful, it can become addictive, but only in a good way.

Jim

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
it doesn't get any better than that!!! my little girl is only 7months right now, and i'm already excited about her first deer. thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's awesome. Seeing her smile and full of joy is what its all about. My little boy will be 2 in may and can't wait to see that smile on his face. Congrats :clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Absolutely awesome, just the kind of story I needed to read on a Monday morning. She is just beautiful and smile could not be anymore genuine. Congrats to you Dad may you have a thousand more memories just like it.:clap

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Great story, the smile does say it all! I can't wait to tell the same story about my oldest son, we've been trying to get his first deer for two years now and it's been tough on him with a couple misses but we're not giving up. Just sucks this year is about out and it doesn't look like he'll get another opportunity until next year.

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the props, guys. She does have a beautiful smile...and it was extra big on Saturday. For those waiting for their own kid's first kill, be patient and don't give up. It is wayyyyyyy worth it. Blessings to all. And for the record, she shot at another doe after this kill and missed her twice. Glad it happened, though. She now knows what it is like to miss.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts