Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Traditions Pursuit LT muzzleloader and want to add a scope to it. I have never owned a muzzleloader before and need a good idea for an inexpensive scope to put on it. I also prefer it to be available in a camo pattern. If anyone knows of a good scope or place to get one, let me know. I am not looking to spend more then $50-$75 for one if I can.

Here is my muzzy.....

·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
Don't scrimp on your optics brother......:nonono Atec is a god scope fer 150 or so and that is about the less I would go.....I've got an Atec on my pro-hunter but plan on buying a Omega built fer smoke poles......:clap

·
Super Moderator
7,081 Posts
You can get cheap 3X9's at Walmart. I have a Traditions XLT w/ a Nikon 3X9. It is deadly out to 200 yards. Could probably push it a bit farther but I have only played to 200. You may want to rebudget the $$ and get decent optics. Do it right the first time. Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a simmons muzzle loader scope I can get rid of if your interested $50. I think it was used maybe once or twice.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I have been using a $36.00 Simmons 3x9x50 for the last two years and am very pleased with it. It is dirt cheap and I am yet to have a problem with it. No fogging and very clear, this was a new gun and I was not sure I was going to put a lot of money in it. After I bought my new rifle I move my Leupold from my .270 and put another Simmons on it, as a backup rifle. I can keep a great pattern with it as well. All in all if you are shooting over 150yds with a muzzle loader your are spending a lot more time at the range that I am. Heck after 200 with my rifle I shoot for the heart instead of the neck. Not much of a reason to spend a lot of money when you are shooting the same distance you are likely to hit with iron sights, in my opinion. Since it is your first, I really recommend going in light and finding out if it is for you or not. Personally I will never miss another day of ML. I got the fever bad right now, that is for sure.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I'm not sure if $50-$75 is gonna get what you need these days. Whatever you decide on let me know if your close to Pace. If you are I have a laser site that will get you close with whatever you buy. It will not fine tune your gun but it will get you on the paper and save you from unnecessary sighting. You can borrow it. PM me and let me know if you need it.

Scott

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to find a decent scope on the traditions website in the same camo pattern as my gun. They also have the base plate and rings in camo. It will cost me about $100 for it all shipped to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts