Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Muzzleloader Load

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  whipper snapper 
#1 ·
i have just purchased a new TC Triumph muzzleloader for deer hunting and looking at a total load to use.after literature review iam thinking about the TC shock wave super guide sabotswith 250 grains bullets with two pyrodex 50 grain pellets.

what have you used and what do you think of this load?

thanks

#2 ·
I shoot the Pro Hunter and use Power Belt 270 grain platinum series with 100 grains of Pyrodex....I was talked into the Jim Shockleys Gold ($$$) and I did not like it....powder does'nt seat right like Pyrodex and sent my shot all over the place....I thought about putting in the sticks and crushing them down but that would be a pain....My gun says to use 150 grains of powder and i'll probably move up to that after I buy the Omega scope fer it..Right now, I have the Simmons Atec but plan on putting that on the 7-08 barrell I'm gonna buy fer the gun....Enjoy the new smoke pole, I LOVE MINE!!!!:bowdown

Ohhhh Yeah, If someone wants the Jim Shockleys gold I have (7/8 a can full) I can hook ya up...just give me a few $ fer it since it was expensive I won't give it away.....How bout $10.00???:doh

#4 ·
I shoot and am very happy with the acuracy of the 245 Powerbelt Aerotip. I shot the hollow points last year and Aerotip more accurate. I use 100gr Pyrodex Pellets. Very good load and very accurate out to 100 yds. I dont shoot it any further than that so I cant say what a magnum load would give me. I can keep a 2.5 inch pattern with this setup. Of course there will be the ocassional anticipation but that is just the shooter. Hope is helps. BTW, my brother shoots the exact same ML I do and shoots the 295 Hollow points and shoots 100gr of pyrodex and keeps a very similar pattern.

#6 ·
Oh, BTW, I forgot to say something about your load. I am not a big fan of the sabots because of the large amount of debris left in the barrel. The powerbelts shoot a little cleaner thusly your second and third shots are almost as accurate or equal to your first. Just a little tip if you dont already use it, buy some Bore Butter and everytime you clean you ML or any gun for that matter use a cleaning patch and run the BB down the inside of your barrel. It cleans but also seasons the barrel. Just my .02

#7 ·
250 hornady sst bullet 2-50 grain pellets, kicks plenty hard enough - kills plenty dead enough.

i shoot the rossi muzzle loader and i am 8 for 8 with it. seems to be the perfect load for my gun.

i do like the little tail on the sabot to hold my pellets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.