Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I recently purchased two Yamaha waverunners that I plan to use for spearfishing. 4 strokes, engine compartments really clean, outside I plan on polishing and waxing, need to replace seat covers. I basically have my safety gear, trailer, vessels.

What are some items that made your experience better?

I'm looking into adding a small GPS / sonar, anchors, rack for cooler and spearguns.

What else?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Try to have a high viz setup for your dive flag, the taller and bigger the better. You guys in wave runners and kayaks can be very hard to see especially if there are any seas. Maybe a PLB or waterproof VHF radio as well. Good luck

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to have a high viz setup for your dive flag, the taller and bigger the better. You guys in wave runners and kayaks can be very hard to see especially if there are any seas. Maybe a PLB or waterproof VHF radio as well. Good luck
Thanks for the input and very true. I am a ship captain and know all too well how quickly things can be lost from view in waves.

Even large sport fish boats can be difficult to see between seas and spray and restricted vis. They get lost in radar sea scatter as well.

I've witnessed some strange things/ people/ logic on the water lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts