Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught some Jarheads..When I fry the roe do I take it out of the sack or leave it in? I usually soak in buttermilk and fry in flour..Any thoughts or tips?

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Take it out of the sacks and fry it with some eggs. Eat two sticks with two eggs in the morning and you will be good to go all day.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Cut it out of the sack or it will not hold the batter. Take the mushy roe and immediately roll it around in the meal. This will help it stay together.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
When I was a kid my Mother would add the loose roe to scrambled eggs and sometimes she would roll the whole thing in flour and fry them. Either way was good.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
sorry, just sounded funny to me.....jarhead is a marine and messing with the sacs, maybe you meant hard-heads (catfish).....sorry again, maybe just a bad sense of humor.....or just board at work.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
brnbser (10/23/2009)sorry, just sounded funny to me.....jarhead is a marine and messing with the sacs, maybe you meant hard-heads (catfish).....sorry again, maybe just a bad sense of humor.....or just board at work.
We've always called the big roe mullet you get this time of year "jarheads". As far as taking it out of the sack, I fry mine in the sack to hold it together. just watch how much of it you eat or be sure your near thebathroom with plenty of toilet paper. It will sneak up on you and before you know it you will have sharted.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOLL...I remember the guys who posted "Am I Going to Die?"..He ate a bunch of mullet roe and to much oil..He pooed out a bunch of oil and was worried..

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Mullet roe is a 15 minute meal........no not b/c it only takes 15 minutes to cook........that's how long you have until your ass explodes from eating it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dylan (10/23/2009)LOLL...I remember the guys who posted "Am I Going to Die?"..He ate a bunch of mullet roe and to much oil..He pooed out a bunch of oil and was worried..
That was totally me!!! I panfried 'em in butter and was blasting oil bombs from my poop-shoot... Turns out i ate too much.. careful brotha!! it will definitely catch up to ya when ya least expect it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts