Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abe,Charlie and I started out in Bayou Tex-R looking for some live bait around noon, got some Pins and finger mullet and went to where old auditorium used to be, what do we call it now? We made up a King rig and set it out along with some bottom rigs and a couple under bobber. Not long before bottom rigs start to bow up and the white trout fest is on, I hate white trout, would not hit a hog in the ass with a white trout so when we hit our limit which is 10 it was time to go to the pass. We have a rule that if we catch 3 catfish or 10 white trout its time to move. Got out to the pass and stayed about 2 hr. and nutting so we are about to pack it in when we spot a huge school of Mullet. With Charlie on the front of the boat and Abe in the back throwing the nets it ain't long before its shin deep in mullet. Final tally I think was 139. After many hr. of cleaning fish { thanks Charlie } every body we know got some filets. The rest of it I am going to use in my garden for fertilizer. Just kidding -That last line was for all the Jr.FWC guys. Picks to follow per Abe.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Josey Wales (11/5/2007)every body we know got some filets.
Hi my name is Craig! Now you know me, where are my filets. :poke Just kidding man. The place where the auditorium used to be is now Palafox pier. You are right about the white trout, if you don't want them and you catch 10 it is time to move on because they will never let you get past them for other fish.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig your filets are at todd in the bays house. yo todd you will be meeting new people soon, just hand them a sack of filets for me ok.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yea, and we're the beneficiary of the cleaning mess, {ha!} and some serious groceries! Thanks!

Some report with out the dadgum pics! what kinda Outlaw are yooou?

Be sure to paste yer narrative with the pics, if you have any!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What color is mullet?..... that's right....black and white. Here some pics....Charlie you da man....now you gotta see this man filleting 50 mullet in no time...Im pretty sure I counted 132 Randy....cleaning the boat after such amess is a job too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys, Im David, new to the forum and fishing in general... Where are these mullet going? Into the bay/rivers. Into the gulf? You think its a part of the breeding or something? Im just curious cause it turns out im not so good at pole fishing, but anyone can throw a net...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl12_lblFullMessage>Hey guys, Im David, new to the forum and fishing in general... Where are these mullet going? Into the bay/rivers. Into the gulf? You think its a part of the breeding or something? Im just curious cause it turns out im not so good at pole fishing, but anyone can throw a net...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Carefull there not just anybody can through a net and open it properly you might catch some fish if they are thick but if there spread out it aint so easy and by the way welcome.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Thats a heck of a report. Pictures and all !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for reporting. Looked like you guys had a good time.

Scott

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks for the report!!! That means they headed out last night on the NW wind!

Nice mess of run mullet! Alot of roe???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts