Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i only have an 8' bait net but from what i understand in the morning i will be able to catch mullet in that net.?.? um ya think? i really dont know but would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
baitnets sink slower than a bigger mullet net...the bigger bag mullet nets are a bigger mesh so they sink faster....ive caught mullet in my bait net but only a few at a time

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
iswim2fish (2/11/2010)right on bro but in the morning arent those mullet gonna be zombiefish? um the cold?

wait...if your lucky you might be able to scoop the dead ones up if it gets to much colder

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yes..Zombies..Balled up to keep warm and on the verge of death..If you can find them then your bait net will work fine this time of year..Id rather have a brail but make use of what you have..I have seen a lot of pelicans every morning when I drive across Bayou Texar bridge..Pelicans are usually a sign of mullet or redfish...In this case mullet

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the only place i know to start is the little bridge at the slip on um gulf beach or 98 (like your going to the track or johnson beach) any other suggestions i would love to smoke some mullet n make dip er uh mmmmmmmmmmmm!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx dylan if i hit texar at fairfield will that take me there and will i need to extend my lanyard er uh how high is that bridge?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I dont think youd be able to throw an 8 ft off the bridge..There are a lot of rocks down there also..You should stop by Dizzy Lizzys by the bridge and talk to the owner (Mr. Steve)..If I was you tommorrow I would head down to 12th ave off bayou by the church deep in the bayou..You should be able to pick a few off there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts