Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Orange Beach from Thursday till Sunday and watched it rain all weekend. Saturday morning I was jonesin for some fish so I took the mullet net and chased a school long enough to get 3 nice ones. Filleted them then, seasoned with Veron's seasoning and set them aside. Took 3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp brown sugar and 1 sliced banana and put in a skillet over medium high for 5 to 8 minutes then put the fish in and cooked for 5 more minutes. Outstanding is an understatement. Mullet was swimming at 8:00 and eaten at 9:00. Dont get much better.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Fish is great for breakfast. Don't understand why more restaurants here don't serve it. Last time I was at Triggers they had it on the menu for breakfast.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
If you go fishing with smarty, he will fry up the fish on the bridge while it's still kicking. There isn't much better than fresh mullet though!
That fresh mullet does sound good! Never tried it with bananas though. Gonna have to give that a try sometime!
Was frying up some ground mullet, white trout, and sailcat at about 3:30am Friday morning on the bridge. Love my Esbit cooker. Can have hot grease in 2 minutes or less.
One of my favorite purchases :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Rick, I remember those times also but you just don't hear much of fish for breakfast anywhere around here. The idea of a fish fry at 3 am is intriguing. We used to catch fish and take it into Rusty's restaurant and he would fry it up. Nothing better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts