Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to propagate plants as a hobby. I have a few mulberry trees if anyone wants one. The Mulberry is hands down, my favorite fruit tree. They are extremely prolific and have very sweet fruit. They can, and will grow into large trees if you don't prune them back. This one is 3 years old now and had it's first heavy prune this winter. That's where these trees came from. Price is a bag of any size / brand potting soil (I go through a lot). You can PM me here or Text me at 850-45 zero-6767 if you want one.

-Jody

·
Registered
467 Posts
Any idea what type of mullberry these are? White, black, red, afghan...etc?

One interesting thing most people don't know about mullberry species is deer absolutely love eating the leaves off the tree. PLUS, you can bushog the tree every 2-3 years and you end up with a mullberry bush that produces an enormous amount of high quality, high protein browse for deer.

I have several varities growing on our place (I propogate as well). Some I let grow into trees for the birds (and for us to eat) and some get bushogged every few years for the deer.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Yeah I am in Crestview a bit to far for me, thanks
I don’t have much going on during weekdays and I can always find a reason to go to Pensacola. If I can work it out with him I could bring you one back this way. I’m in Baker but make frequent trips to Pensacola.

Just let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I don’t have much going on during weekdays and I can always find a reason to go to Pensacola. If I can work it out with him I could bring you one back this way. I’m in Baker but make frequent trips to Pensacola.

Just let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would certainly take it

·
Super Moderator
29,094 Posts
I got one that was about 8 inches in diameter from a buddy and planted it in a swampy food plot. I pruned it down to just a few main branches and its got growth all over it!!!! I like them berries since they look like blackberries but don't have all the aggravating seeds!!!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, Curr... I have one more I can spare. I don't need the date palm though. Let me know when you want to come by.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
do you have any popcorn trees?
jack

Reactions: DLo and MrFish

·
Registered
386 Posts
My neighbor let the popcorn trees take over his property years ago. I kill all I can find. If you are serious about wanting some, I will see if I can find some for you. They will be free. Will let you know.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts