Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last nights SRC MAC we were informed that the ACOEPermit is finally issued to dredge the Channel near I-10 at the mouth of Mulatt Bayou!

This is great news!

Currently the Permit sits in the hands of the FWC whoare providing the grant fundingfor part of the project! As soon as they process and release the funds, the project will go out for bid. We should be complete some time this summer!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Bay Pirate (2/3/2010)At last nights SRC MAC we were informed that the ACOEPermit is finally issued to dredge the Channel near I-10 at the mouth of Mulatt Bayou!

This is great news!

Currently the Permit sits in the hands of the FWC whoare providing the grant fundingfor part of the project! As soon as they process and release the funds, the project will go out for bid. We should be complete some time this summer!

Been through their many times, why does it need dredging? I never had any problems

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
That is great news. The mouth is very shallow on low tides(especialy in winter). I remember one time having to wait for 7 hours for the tide to come in before I could get back archie glover.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
SUPER!

I never had a problem (skiff), but I know MANY people have. Great work guys (MAC), and thanks for all you do. Now I know why y'all get paid the big bucks! LOL!

·
Praedator
9,913 Posts
choppedliver (2/3/2010)
Been through their many times, why does it need dredging? I never had any problems
It gets about 1 foot especialy in the winter months just outside the mouth. I have a 19' WA and have issues getting out of there sometimes.

It figures that this gets approved as soon as I am moving out of the area. Thanks for the info Bay Pirate.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Bay Pirate - Thank You! And, thank the SRC MAC for seeing this through and ensuring that our $ are spent wisely.

Hopefully the dredgeing will not only improve getting in and out of the Bayou, but will improve water flow and water quality in the Bayou as well.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Telum Pisces (2/3/2010)
choppedliver (2/3/2010)

It gets about 1 foot especialy in the winter months just outside the mouth. I have a 19' WA and have issues getting out of there sometimes.

It figures that this gets approved as soon as I am moving out of the area. Thanks for the info Bay Pirate.

Didnt ever have this problem, but glad it's getting fixed!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Still have not tried Glover due to the issues previoulsy reported here. Please repost when this gets done and thanks for keeping us in the loop as it were.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This channel was damaged by Ivan and pretty much filled up with sand during the I-10 rebuild project. Getting this Re-Dredge project to this point was a time consuming and difficult process! However, the waterfront owners in the area, and the local fishermen will reap the benefits soon!

It should also benefit the enviroment by helping to flush the bayou with increased tidal movement.

:usaflag

·
Praedator
9,913 Posts
Bay Pirate (2/5/2010)This channel was damaged by Ivan and pretty much filled up with sand during the I-10 rebuild project. Getting this Re-Dredge project to this point was a time consuming and difficult process! However, the waterfront owners in the area, and the local fishermen will reap the benefits soon!

It should also benefit the enviroment by helping to flush the bayou with increased tidal movement.

Do we know if it is just going to be a dredge project or are they going to put some jetties on the south side to keep it from filling back in.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Glad to hear this!! Any chance they could approve a dredge for Trout bayou area alsosoon? Seems like the ecological impact couldn't be any different 1/2 mi. south....

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have all the defintiveanswers ie...MSBU.......

however i am98% sure there wasNO MSBU, because we received a grant...it was a win, win deal!

There will be NO Jetties, we couldn't get anything thru other than to re-do same as before!

TroutBayou - I don't see that in the picture, but if you put pressure on the BOCC, then it will filter toour Committee, and we will do what we can!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts