Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a very brief report as there is not much to report. Seas were a little bumpy on Saturday but quite nice on Sunday. We fished from the nipple up to the elbow and the steps, overnighting under a sea anchor around the steps. Water was a nice blue everywhere we went, but very clean with no grass lines are any other flotsam to speak of. We pulled ballyhoo almost exclusively both days with a squid chain teaser on one side and a split tail mullet dredge on the other side. We caught one 35 pound yellowfin tuna around the nipple on Saturday and a similar size wahoo around the steps on Sunday, we lost a Nice dolphin at the nipple as well and caught numerous small peanut dolphin. We did have one sailfish or maybe a small white in the spread on Saturday but we could not get him to commit.

While the fishing was slow we still had a great time as always. My family members all had other plans so my crew wAs mostly friends from work other than the forums beloved Capt Woody who did a nice job of running the cockpit for me.

I believe the total number of boats was only around 15, which surprises me as Rocky Jones and team definitely do a good job with this event.

Robert

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I'm sure it was fun regardless of the action.

Thanks for the report

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
You mean capt Woody wasn't running the boat... I thought he was a exclusive boat driver now... Times must be tough for him to be a deckhand.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Clean water with no grass to pull off the lines? Good conditions, I just wish you could have bumped into a few billfish to top it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts