Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Point Graduate and Army Football player moving to Ft. Rucker for flight school. I have a passion for hunting and fishing. Looking for people to go on trips with in the Pensacola/south Alabama area. Not very familiar with the area but would love to go offshore fishing and hunting. I am easy going just looking to have some fun fishing and hunting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live 6 miles from Rucker. I could probably tell you about anything that you need to know about this area. I'm in the guard so very familiar with Fort Rucker

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,451 Posts
I’d stay away from those Florida guys. Something weird about that bunch.
I hear they all drive 4 wheel drives that squat in the rear.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
West Point Graduate and Army Football player moving to Ft. Rucker for flight school. I have a passion for hunting and fishing. Looking for people to go on trips with in the Pensacola/south Alabama area. Not very familiar with the area but would love to go offshore fishing and hunting. I am easy going just looking to have some fun fishing and hunting.
Instead of driving all the way to Pensacola to fish, you're better off driving 84 over to Dothan , then hitting 231 straight into Panama City. Great fishing off the two long piers at PC Beach, PC is a touch further south than Pensacola, so they catch fish like cobia and kings earlier in the year than we do...and later in the year when fish are migrating back south than we do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From Fort Rucker you would just take Highway 167 South all the way to Panama City. Dothan would take you out of the way since Dothan is 23 miles ESE from Fort Rucker. Personally I stay away from Panama City just because it's way overpopulated. South Walton County or Okaloosa Island is way less crowded and usually where I go if I surf fish. There's also a pier in Fort Walton. As far as driving, Panama City is around an hour and 45 minutes and Fort Walton is going to be around 2

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did forget to mention also that there is Eglin beach park that is just west of Destin and is military/DOD only and a great place to surf fish. You also have the Jetties that you can access from the park. Then you have Princess Beach just west of the park that is military property, you have to get a permit to legally access that area but it is free. There are no facilities such as bathrooms or showers so not many people use it. Just take you a pump sprayer with freshwater to wash off your reels/feet if you ever decided to go that route

·
Registered
870 Posts
welcome ...

I have a place up near the lucas heliport, house, couple barns sheds etc and 71 acres not too far from rucker.. it is almost exactly 100 miles from i-10 and scenic hwy in pensacola.. we take i-10 to crestview, north on 85 to florala, north on 331 to the opp bypass ne to 134 then east on 134 towards enterprise .. pretty easy drive ..watch your speed in florala..

rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts