Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be moving to Pensacola from Eastern Long Island within the year. Very excited as well as ready to relearn. We will enjoy bottom fishing but want to target Billfish when opportunity comes. Is 2 rods 2 dredges and a spinning set up good or up the rods. I fish on a Bertram 20 Bahia Mar and up to 4 rods are all good but dredges eat up some space. Thanks for all the the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking to sailfish. I do fish NE and i will be burried in the Bert so to answer you most definitely the boat is going south. I do not think i will be using my 50s for sails so i am looking to set up a rig. I do have custom 4/0 senators i shark with that make tons of smooth drag. I have narrows stds and wides that make 50# of drag so at 10# and 30# line they are like silk

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
glad you chose the pff. welcome. lota friendly folks on here.
a few controversial but nothing to whine about. there're kinda like a bad fart, the smell eventually goes away. lmao.
i just noticed the word dredges. never heard of it. what is it?

jack

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack I guess the easiest way to xplain would be like a spreader bar in 3D lol. Instead of a flat single bar it is an x using 2 bars or sometimes 3 and teasers. They are drug and the spread is behind. I use them tuna fishing as well.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
got it.
i don't do much trolling so i guess that's why i was dumb to the word.
thanks for the info. i believe i have seen those but i don't know all of the names of the lures when it comes to trolling.

jack

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
bruce(ebb tide) on the forum, is from manhattan also. we should all get together and catch a fish.:thumbup:

jack

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Most boats here are trolling 5-7 rods (30w-130w setups)with a assortment of skirted lures with and without ballyhoo, diving plugs and high speed trolling. Targeting selfish is going to be pretty hard in our area but not impossible better change targeting marlin just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Blue and white marlin and both can generally be found in the same areas. Good area to start is the nipple and areas south. (Kinda like the bedroom)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts