Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading some really good reviews on the Moultrie I40 or I60. Was wondering if anyone had one and could comment on them. They say the trigger speed is better than the cudde noflash, super long battery life, and very easy to use. Any thoughts?

I have 3 leaf river IR's and love them but was kind of wanting something a little different to tinker with andis a little less $$$.

My cudde expert took a dump on me a few weeks ago and the company is just giving me a credit at the shop I got it from (giving them a credit that they are passing on to me). I like my cudde a lot but it looks likethese moultries are getting better reviews and I can2 of them for the price of the cudde.

Thanks! GFF

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have the I40- the pics are very good in both colorand black and white. My battery life seems to last about 4-5 weeks. As far as trigger speed I have the camera near my deer feeder, so I am taking mostly still shots. I have NO complaints with the camera and have been impressed w/ the quality of the pictures.

I believe that I got my moneys worth. I looked hard at a Leaf River but chose the Moultrie due to the quality of the photos. Night and day difference between the two that I compared.( I don't remember the LR model, but it is the one Mike's carries)

Good luck with which ever one you choose!

·
Registered
296 Posts
beulahboy: i have a cheap moultrie gamespy200 and get the following pictures. look okay except all the night deer seem to have flashlights with them. below is a small six i an letting grow up. lets see some of those moultrie I 40 pictures..

·
Registered
547 Posts
Don't pick on me cause I am computer illiterate! I don't know how to send them to this site- how about if I email some to you and you post them for me?:banghead

See you at the camp this weekend!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can find out anything you want to know about cameras at chasingame.com. I have an I40 and the trigger times are around 1.5 sconds baybe 2 if it has been in sleep mode. it doesnt miss much. Here is a picture from a couple of my other cameras in GA. The buck in the first picture was killer the other day out of my stand by a buddy of mine. That's what you get for living in Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had two I40's now down to one. Had one stolen before I even got to check the card for the first time...lol. That's what happens when you put your cam on crown land....grrrrr. Not only the camera but my ladder stand too. Anyway, the one I still do have worked flawlessly. Battery life was impressive and if your setting the camera over bait it is perfect. For trails I'd suggest aiming up or down the trail somewhat. Maybe not as fast as some but for the price there is not much better bang for your buck....lol...

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
renegadenorth (12/18/2007)I had two I40's now down to one. Had one stolen before I even got to check the card for the first time...lol. That's what happens when you put your cam on crown land....grrrrr. Not only the camera but my ladder stand too. Anyway, the one I still do have worked flawlessly. Battery life was impressive and if your setting the camera over bait it is perfect. For trails I'd suggest aiming up or down the trail somewhat. Maybe not as fast as some but for the price there is not much better bang for your buck....lol...
Thanks for the replies. Welcome to the forum renegade(wish I had a place with osceola's on it to trade a hunt up with you!) Let me know if you need an alabama eastern! Nice buck/moose/bear on your other post.

I have not seen a bad report on this cam yet. I've looked at several different hunting and game cam websites and all say the same thing...unbelievable cam for the $. I got 2 of them and4 512mb cards for less than my cudde cost. I put one out this weekend and will get the other out Friday. Didn't have time to get some more batteries or it would have been up to. Hopefully I'll get some big boys on there before its said and done. My only question is logevity...but my $400 cudde didn't make it 10 mos....so what does that say?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts