Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a picture of a doe and 2 button bucks today. also got some video. now it is in black and white because it was taken around 540 pm (the video footage is in black and white if it is at night?). he had a white marking in between his nubs. looks like either a bigass scar or possibly just a white stripe of hair. i will try to post pics next week or so. any idea of what i could be looking at? deer is not a piebald.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The I40's do video in black and white at night and I believe it cut's the time down to 5 second's. He may still be a piebald with just a small amount of white. I killed a piebald doe that was atleast 95% white and the next year I killed a piebald 8 pnt. that just had a streak of white down his spine. I've seen them vary greatly.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I had a spike under me once that had a white "V" from one spike down toward his eyes and back up to the other spike. That was the only markings he had other than normal white on a deer. It was pretty cool. I always said I'd know him when he got grown and someone killed him. Never saw him again though dead or alive.

·
Super Moderator
27,942 Posts
Woody, I just bought the I40 and 1 time I got some color pics then I just got B/W during daylight hours....I believe the video setting is what screws it up and makes it B/W. You'll have B/W at night cause the IR. Rob AKA Grassflatsfisher is an expert with these...I have been buggin him bout mine so any ?'s you might PM him.... SO far even with the figuring of the settings, I am very pleased and at $149.00 (Scott's in Jay or Mike's in Pcola)can be beat!!!:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
they were out of em in pcola so i drove to jay without calling first:banghead:banghead sold out... when they get some more im gonna buy 2 more. i have about 20 places that i would like to put them on

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Just a heads up on the camera issue w/ no date/time - call their customer svc dept - they are really good over the phone! I had an issue awhile back and as it turned out the fella on the phone-(Brock)-was immediately able to trouble shoot and to tell me there was a major issue w/ my camera and to return it to the dealer - and if dealer would not replace, Moultrie would....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts