Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you are in Pensacola....Mike's has them through today only I think for $149.99!!!! Awesome price...but here isa heads up - the guy at Moultrietold me this morningthey are so cheap b/c they are clearing them out - he said Moultrie has 5 new cameras they will roll out onto the market in the next couple of months!!!

·
Praedator
9,948 Posts
davdoc0011 (12/31/2008)Im actually around the Crestview area...Couldnt make it over there today..any other ideas?
Listed Dealers within 25 miles of Crestview:<H2>Dealers within 25 miles of 32539:</H2><DIV class=row><DIV class="panel p01 pthird"><DIV class=tl></DIV><DIV class=tr></DIV><H3>FLORALA FARMERS & BLDRS COOP</H3><DIV class=pbody><UL><LI>1929 LOCKHART BOULEVARD <LI>FLORALA, AL 36442 <LI>Phone: 706-253-9462 </LI>[/list]</DIV>
<DIV class=bl></DIV><DIV class=br></DIV></DIV><DIV class="panel p01 pthird"><DIV class=tl></DIV><DIV class=tr></DIV><H3>WAL-MART</H3><DIV class=pbody><UL><LI>748 BEAL PKWY N.W. <LI>FT. WALTON BEACH, FL 32547 <LI>Phone: 850-862-0700 </LI>[/list]</DIV></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The Florala # is in Georgia lol

Walmart Only Carries the Darn d-40.

Entry Level ive been told.

There out of stock online..

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
If Moultrie is phasing them out keep an eye out on the sales flyer for Bass Pro. If you're seeing the I40 for $149.99 now you might see it in the next couple of months on sale for $30-$50 less. Last year I picked up a D40 at Bass Pro for $69.99 after the hunting season when they were $99.99 for most of the year. For the record the D40 for a flash camera is awesome, almost toogood because it picks up movement from the birds and damn tree rats!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I emailed the gentleman you said.

Also called Moultrie and they said they are not cleaning the i-40's out because they are the #1 selling game camera at the time.

They are coming out with more models but keeping the i-40

After seeing some problems I would like to get it locally so i can just take and swap if it f**ks up..Bass pro is at $215 :(

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I would also recommend before buying any game camera to check reviews. My favorite site is http://www.chasingame.com/home.htm

That price from Bass Pro is outrageous. I've noticed they over price things and then put them on sale sometimes to make it look like a good deal when really it's not. I do make a habit of researching prices online before buying from Bass Pro just to be safe.

·
Banned
744 Posts
I can sell the I-40 for $195.00 plus tax. I might even be convinced to deliver it if you are with in a decent distance. Sometimes you just need to get out on the road for a while. Crestview would even be considered as close enough.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey guys - sorry if I had been misinformed on the I40's being replaced...but that is how I understood it from Brock with tech support there at Moultrie. It would appear that he is mistaken - or could it be they do not want us sitting back and waiting to see what is coming / and for the cheaper pricing on the I40 - hmmmmm??????? LOL

I now have in hand my new I40 to replace the bad one.:clap Did a test run in a long dark hallway here at work (yep, I am a dork...and yes I know it will be a lil different than being outside due to the walls, etc-but had to test her out! LOL) and the pictures were frigan awesome in comparison to the first camera, and the temp was now dead on! Not sure if I mentioned before but I did a couple test shots at the house prior to putting out - and was not thrilled at all...but figured it was not set up, was indoors, etc. Also as a side note - when I went and pulled the camera that was having issues about an hour ago it was 58 degrees outside, the camera took my pic - it read 105!!!!

WISH A BRUTHA LUCK YA'LL!!!!

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,547 Posts
Good Post!

I get a few pics like that every now and then with mine...mostly due to the Fog which I think is a part of your problem as well. If you are getting some crazy temp readings then you definitely have a bad cam which is the 1st one I've heard of.I wish they would put a little rain flap or something just above the lens to help with that issue. I thought about cutting up a piece of milk jug and glueing one on mine.

If moultrie is coming out with 7 new models I hope the live up to the I40's. I'll be looking for some deals on those I40's. If anyone sees them for cheap let me know. Id like to have a couple more.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just updating with you guys...I got my new camera up - and seems to be doing a great deal better! So far I have not had that many pics, with the exception of this one and a few of some happy corn eatin coons!!! LOL

Thanks again for ya help guys...now then, I just need to get a buck on here n pile him up like firewood and post it all up on PFF - because seriously - I am happy for all you guys, but dang am I ready for one of my own!!!!!! :doh

21 - 37 of 37 Posts